Comments Plus jQuery Error

Look, I can't leave this up on a live site so don't just give me instructions on how to turn on the plugin. There is a technical issue with comments-plus that didn't exist two weeks ago.

Here's what is happening in detail.

Comments Plus renders itself into the interface. I can see the tabs for social logins. Clicking them does nothing. In the CSS:

.comment-provider {display: none;}

This is normal. Clicking on a tab should selectively show the right provider. It does not. Removing the display:none definition, as expected, causes all four provider buttons to show up along with the comment form (which still does not work). Key point: does not work.

Ok then, on to the console!

Well, well, well, what is this?

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'live' comments.js:120
(anonymous function) comments.js:120
f jquery.min.js:1
p.fireWith jquery.min.js:1
st.extend.ready jquery.min.js:1
xt jquery.min.js:1

Isn't that interesting.

Here's my enqueued jQuery call:
</script><script type='text/javascript' src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js'></script>

I wonder if I stepped back to an earlier version of jQuery, would comments plus work? Probably... several plugins have barfed on the latest build.

Anyhow, you may want to check out comments + with the latest library. If you need me to clone the client's site out to my staging server, I can do that. For the time being, I have to turn off the plugin because as things stand, no one can comment at all.

Best Regards,
Ian Armstrong