Comments Plus jQuery Error

Look, I can’t leave this up on a live site so don’t just give me instructions on how to turn on the plugin. There is a technical issue with comments-plus that didn’t exist two weeks ago.

Here’s what is happening in detail.

Comments Plus renders itself into the interface. I can see the tabs for social logins. Clicking them does nothing. In the CSS:

.comment-provider {display: none;}

This is normal. Clicking on a tab should selectively show the right provider. It does not. Removing the display:none definition, as expected, causes all four provider buttons to show up along with the comment form (which still does not work). Key point: does not work.

Ok then, on to the console!

Well, well, well, what is this?

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'live' comments.js:120

(anonymous function) comments.js:120

f jquery.min.js:1

p.fireWith jquery.min.js:1

st.extend.ready jquery.min.js:1

xt jquery.min.js:1

Isn’t that interesting.

Here’s my enqueued jQuery call:

</script><script type='text/javascript' src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js'></script>

I wonder if I stepped back to an earlier version of jQuery, would comments plus work? Probably… several plugins have barfed on the latest build.

Anyhow, you may want to check out comments + with the latest library. If you need me to clone the client’s site out to my staging server, I can do that. For the time being, I have to turn off the plugin because as things stand, no one can comment at all.

Best Regards,

Ian Armstrong

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.