comments plus not showing on greyzed theme

Hi,

I just installed this plugin but not seeing it show up, only the default WordPress comments is showing up.

http://pastebin.com/K6p84dgT

Thnx.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi caspar,

Just to mention, you’ll likely also want to use ‘comment_form’ for the “Finish injection hook” option as well, to get it to display more nicely within the theme.

And that said, in testing it myself I’m unable to replicate the button issue you mentioned. It sounds like you probably have a javascript conflict occurring with one of your other plugins.

Easiest way to sort that would be to use Firebug for Firefox or Google Chrome’s console to see what errors are showing on the page. Or you could simply deactivate your other plugins one by one to see where the conflict is coming from.

-David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi caspar,

Very sorry I missed your prior responses. Not sure what’s occurring here but I initially tried out the plugin and with that theme and didn’t notice any issue with it.

There very likely is a plugin that’s conflicting with it in this case.

Could you try deactivating your other plugins to see how it work then?

-David

• caspar
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I’ve inserted the same 2 lines like VeBailovity did on the other theme. Now comments plus are visible correct but submit button is missing when you comment via facebook, twitter or google. Also comments subscription is missing via twitter. Is there a way to remove the comment background and place the comments like wpmu.org?

• caspar

Still no button, only link for comment. I removed the check box from "Let my theme determine colors" and now the buttons are shown but in wp comment form there is no option to subscribe for comments now, it is only at fb and google form. Also the buttons are not aligned.

How can I remove the background (sorry for my painting skills) and stretch the comments plus box to be like wpmu.org? After I removed the check box from "Let my theme determine colors" the text is white and the background too so it's not visible. How to make it black?

p.s. You can see my comment form here: http://bike-bg.com/burgtec-pregled-na-sezona/

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi caspar,

That theme uses some rather encompassing styling that’s rather hard to integrate Comments Plus with so this may require a bit of work to get the styling the way you want it.

It also doesn’t utilize a before and after hook, making it hard to get its form included in Comments Plus, besides the fact that its form has specific styling as well.

However, I’ve gotten it to work in a basic form and pasted up the adjusted comments.php as follows:

http://pastebin.com/kRYFb6Ka

Could you let us know how that works for you?

-David

• caspar

I have a problem with facebook login too. When I hit "login with facebook" button I'm just redirect to the top of the post and nothing happens. I've tried to turn of other plugins but still the same.

Also with Opera when I try to log in via twitter or google a new window is opened and just make me to log in to twitter or google, it is not trying to access to user info via my apps so you can't post comments.

With Ipad when I try to write a comment via wp I can type my name, mail and site but when when hit the comment box the keyboard disappears and can't enter the text.

And with IE the tabs are not in line.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Thank you for posting a link to a page that exhibits the issues, it was really helpful.

As for the IE issue, I wasn’t able to reproduce it on your site – it looked like it should for me: http://i55.tinypic.com/2hpoc5h.png Perhaps it’s a browser caching issue, can you please try clearing your browser cache?

As for the Opera issues, I wasn’t able to reproduce them either – here’s what happened when I tried to connect with Twitter on your site in Opera: http://i52.tinypic.com/2cx70wo.png

As for the Facebook button issue, it appears that there are 2 DIVs with id “fb-root” on your page, which is likely the cause of issues. The extra DIV is from the Facebook “like” button under your posts. Is the button added by a plugin, or defined in the theme?

• caspar

Hi,

The like button is added by a plugin. How could I remove this extra DIV? And could you try to resolve the problem with missing subscribe to comments plugin and the problem with post buttons over the text?

Thanks!

p.s. I’ve try the browsers on my other pc and there is no problem too.

• caspar

The extra DIV is from the Facebook “like” button under your posts.

I have deactivated that plugin but the problem is still there. When I press connect with fb just sends me to the top. And could you help me with the missing subscribe to comments plugin now?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

As for the comments box button being showed the way it is, you may want to add something like this to your style:

.comment-provider p {
    margin: 10px;
    }

This shouldn’t affect anything else on your site, just add missing default margins to the paragraphs within the widget.

As for the Facebook button, can you please make sure that your Facebook plugin is NOT adding another fb-root DIV element, then uncheck the “Pages on my website already use javascript from Facebook” in your Comments Plus options? Alternatively, can you please check and see if your plugin supports adding the Facebook initialization script in some way – if it does, it will typically ask you to create a Facebook app and enter its ID and secret in plugin settings.

• caspar

Hi,

Thx for the style, it’s ok now.

For the facebook problem I will write in the other topic cuz I think my theme is not causing the problem.

And only one thing left – after inserting your code for comments the subscribe to comments option is missing and can’t subscribe to new comments. Could you check again the php file and try to fix it? Here is a sample for my comments: http://bike-bg.com/pregled-na-sezona-sas-sam-blenkinsop/

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just a quick question, have you had the “subscribe to comments” option show before? I ask because I’m not seeing the option in the markup at all. If so, what plugin do you use for this functionality? Is it perhaps “Subscribe To Comments” by Mark Jaquith?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.