Comments Plus not showing up on site...

here is a link to an example post:

http://design.tommyjohnstudios.com/2011/09/26/post-example-4/

I feel like I have enabled everything correctly. The only thing I am unsure about is the comment "hooks" section. I have left as default because I do not know any better. I looked to see and I don;t even think my theme has a comments.php file. i am not sure if that matters. Please advise!

- Tommy

• aecnu

Greetings Tommy,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

here is a link to an example post:

http://design.tommyjohnstudios.com/2011/09/26/post-example-4/

I feel like I have enabled everything correctly. The only thing I am unsure about is the comment "hooks" section. I have left as default because I do not know any better. I looked to see and I don;t even think my theme has a comments.php file. i am not sure if that matters. Please advise!

I visited your site and sample post but do not know what I am look for.

Therefore, I'll see if I can get the lead developer of Comments Plus plugin in here to assist / give you some advice.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hello,

Just a quick update, you may want to try "Custom Comments Template" add-on first. To activate it, just go to your plugin settings, find it under "Comments Plus add-ons" section and click "Activate". Once the plugin is active it'll also expose some extra options you may want to tweak around, but the most important thing is that it will attempt to override your theme's comments template with a custom one.

In all but the weirdest cases, this should be enough to get the plugin to show up. If it does and you're happy with the way your comments look, that's it. If the comments appearance is nowhere near what you want (even after tweaking the extra settings under "Custom Comments Template" section), this approach may still be worth trying before diving straight into the code modifications.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.