Comments Plus not working in WPMU Dixi - got Ultimate FB as well

Hi there

I really like the Comments Plus plugin and would like to use it on my blog, but it's not working currently and I'm too much of a novice to know what to do where. Sooo, please help :slight_smile: I need to know where exactly to put in / remove in terms of code/hooks so that it will work with WPMUDEV Dixi. (great theme btw). I'm also using Ultimate FB, but I can deactivate that, as I really only want it for the comments. Would that be a conflict problem?

Thanks
Taryn

• DavidM

Hi Taryn,

There's an option in Comments Plus to have it work alongside other Facebook-based plugins such as Ultimate Facebook, but I believe the issue here isn't that.

In testing it myself, I was able to get the comment form working with the following specified in the Hooks section of the Comments Plugs settings, though the local WP comment form ends up sitting above the other forms:
    Start injection hook: comment_form
    Finish injection hook: comment_form

It did appear to work just fine and I was able to post from Facebook at the very least with those settings, though this one really should work just fine by default I think, given that the theme uses comment_form().

I'll ask the developer to have a look at this.

Cheers,
    David

• Vladislav

Hi,

You don't need to deactivate Ultimate Facebook to use Comments Plus - just check the "Pages on my website already use javascript from Facebook" checkbox in plugin settings. Of course, you'll have to use the same Facebook App for both plugins.

As for setting up the Dixi theme, using the same hook unfortunately won't work very good. This is because the plugin needs to enclose the default WP comments box in its' own markup, so the switching between services works properly.

To get Comments Plus to work properly with Dixi, you will have to edit one of the theme files. To do this, open "wp-content/themes/wpmu-dixi/comments-new.php" in a text editor (I suggest backing the file up first, just in case). Next, scroll to the line 70, where it says "<div id="respond">". Add a line just *above* that and enter this code:

<?php do_action('wdcp_open'); ?>

When you're done, this portion of your file should look like this:

<?php do_action('wdcp_open'); ?>
    <div id="respond">

This was the first part. Next, we'll need a closing hook. To add that, scroll to the line 129, where it says "</div>" (second to last closing DIV tag). Add a line just *below* that, and enter this code:

<?php do_action('wdcp_close'); ?>

When you're done, this portion of your file should look like this:

</div>
    <?php do_action('wdcp_close'); ?>

We're done with editing the file. The final part is telling the plugin what hooks to look for. To do this, go to your plugin settings and enter "wdcp_open" (without quotes) as your "Start injection hook", and "wdcp_close" (also without quotes) as your "Finish injection hook". This is how these settings should look like when you're done: http://i52.tinypic.com/2e3pbnr.png

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.