Comments Plus - Restrict / Hide settings for site admins on Multisite?

Is there any way to hide settings for this?

Example, WPMUDev SEO/sitemaps . Have a network setting, and restrict the rest. All subsites will use the network admins main API settings.

I tried all in one pack, but the comment via fb was a little wonky.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

So you're wanting to Network Activate the comments+ plugin and use it across all sites for comments with no editing capabilities by site admins. Is that correct?

If so, that is a capability we haven't included at this point, but is something we can look into.

Anyone else wanna see this? I'm gonna turn this into a feature request now.

Thanks!

• pbrink
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Is it possible to implement comments+ on a netwerk by setting API settings in de wp-config.php

example:
    define('FACEBOOK_APP_KEY','your app key');

This way the setting will be defined for all blogs in the network. Hide the comments+ setting page on the individual blogs, that's is..

This is just a thought... So didn't try or check the code if this would work. Any thought of the experts?

Cheers,
    Pieter

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

how does that work with domain mapped sites. Will it submit comments from domain, or?

Like the above can work, but not if mapped?

So far FB + Twit integration on domain mapped user sites is a pain in my ass! :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

The plugin comes with both Network and per-site settings. In Network > Settings > Comments Plus, network admin can set up Facebook/Twitter API info that will be used on all sites. This can be done by setting populating the app fields, then checking the boxes titled "I want to use this app on all subsites too". This is how your site administrators will then see e.g. Facebook API settings on their site plugin settings page: http://i53.tinypic.com/2me3b5.png

Please note that this will NOT work on domain mapped sites. In this scenario, your best bet would be to allow your site admins to create their own Facebook/Twitter apps and set their sites up with appropriate API info.

• pbrink
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Ve!

I didn't check the code, but this looks real nice. First thing to install now is comments+. I probably still need to patch some code to support the multi-domain pluggin. But for now I'll start with comment plus and introduce the multi-domain part later!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.