Comments Plus: specify theme's webhooks

I've got everything configured for Comments Plus and yet nothing is showing. I figure the problem is the theme, and the section of the configuration that says "here you can specify the hooks your theme does use". But I don't know what I'm aiming for here. What is an example? Is this something like a CSS class that I can see in the source code of the page? Do I need to look at the PHP file for the theme? What is an example of what I'm looking for? Thanks!

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi there, @snapsynapse! Welcome to WPMU DEV community! :slight_smile:

To find the hooks your theme is using, you can check out your comments.php file, where you’d usually find comment_form(). If not though, you may be able to add that in, or you can see what others it does use via any apply_filter() or do_action() functions.

Or you can post your comments.php code over at PasteBin (and post the pastebin link here), so we can have a look and see what hook to use in the Comments+ settings.

Also, would you mind enabling support access so we can take a closer look on this?

You can do that from: Admin Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward to your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Aicee

• samrogers
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your response, Aicee!

I had examined comments.php before posting, and played around with a few things. Just tried again and there is no comment_form() function or something simple that I can see…

But after this exercise — and just renewing my WPMU DEV membership for another year yesterday — I think I’ll likely be switching to a more compliant theme in the next month or so. I only just discovered your A/B theme switcher plugin, and I’m (a little too) excited to try it out! Your WPMU DEV themes deserve a try :slight_smile:

I did enable your Support Access if you need it for anything in the next 72hrs. I think I’m good though.

Keep up your awesomeness!

– Sam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.