Comments Plus Tabs not working when Clicked

I have the Comments Plus plugin installed, and it seems to be working with the FB integration. I have also set up the Twitter account, but I can't tell if the Twitter or Google tabs work because nothing happens when they are clicked on.

Check it out (comment form at the bottom of this page): http://mig.ht/MIGHT-on/redirection/

I have checked it in Safari and Chrome on Mac OS Lion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sam

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Sam.

Looks like there might be some kinda JS conflict there.

What happens if you turn off JS for Facebook in our plugin:

Admin --> Settings --> Comments Plus

"Skip loading Facebook javascript"

Or if you enable the "Alternative Facebook Initialization" addon from the same admin page?

If neither of those work, then does the plugin work in the default Twenty Eleven theme for you? If not then chances are its another plugin so to test you would need to deactivate them all and test again. If it starts working then simply reactivate each plugin, one at a time until the issue crops up again.

That will tell us where the conflict is if there is one.

If its impossible for you to do on that site because of any reason then please test all this in a duplicate test install.

Let us know how you get on.

• samswenson

Thanks for the reply Timothy,

Looks like it is theme specific. I am using the Angular theme by http://Kriesi.at.

1. I tried skipping the javascript loading for both FB and Twitter, no luck.
    2. Tried the "Alternative Facebook Initialization" addon with no luck (as well as other add-ons).
    3. Disabled all plugins. Still wouldn't work.
    4. Switching to the Twenty Ten theme did work. So, I guess that tells me where the problem lies.

I am sure it is a javascript conflict now, but I am not sure how to resolve it.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I realize that this is an issue now out of your scope though.

Thanks!

Sam

• aecnu

Greetings samswenson,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• samswenson

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the problem still persists. Facebook functionality is intact, but we can't click on any of the other tabs. They seem to be frozen. I monkeyed with the script triggers to see if I can find a workable solution; so far I'm missing a good workaround.

Honestly, this client would be totally happy if there was JUST a Facebook tab: the others can go away as far as they're concerned. Any way to hide the other two tabs?

Anyway, here is a link to a post with the comment plugin at the end.
    Let me know what you think.
    I'd love to keep this plugin installed, as opposed to the Discus widget or something like that.

Thanks for all you do!

Sam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.