Comments Plus Twitter Connection - Cookie Issue

When I try to sign in with Twitter. The Twitter popup shows an error message: "This page is no longer valid. It looks like someone already used the token information you provided..."
When I delete the cookies everything works fine for a short period of time. This issue was already discussed 12 months ago. Did you find a solution? I can't tell my client, that their users have to delete all the cookies before posting witht Twitter.
Thanks, Serge

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Serge,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

There is no way this issue could have lasted 12 months and I have never heard of it.

Are you using a clean browser, not the one you are developing with, and tried this like an end user would?

What is the URL?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• serge_hardmeier
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe

Thank you very much for your response.

I am not sure what you mean by "a clean browser, not the one you are developing with".

I did set up the plugin with Firefox, but the error also occurs in Safari and Chrome (IE-testing yet to come).

Thank you very much for your support,
    Serge

The issue was discussed 12 months ago but there was no clear reply (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/twitter-not-working#post-136175)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Serge,

Thank you for your kind reply, it is certainly appreciated.

When I meant the URL I was referring to the URL where you are experiencing the issue ... lol ... laughing at myself because I did not clarify this - my bad.

I am not sure what you mean by "a clean browser, not the one you are developing with".

The clean browser would be considered the one you are not developing with and has all its cache and cookies emptied before attempting the test.

Please post that URL so I can take a look at this first hand.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.