Commission form global cart

We are building an ETSY style website, and need a global cart that Marketpress delivers, however we need a payment automatically paid into our account from the stores when they make payment?

Is this possible??

Or is there a way the money can all go into our account, we then take our commission and pay the vendors individually for their sales? Is Marketpress setup to do either of these?

• brady_dyer

It needs to have a global cart like ETSY does, and has to take a comission from each seller, just like ETSY does.

Why does this basic feature seem to hard to make work? It was the main selling point on the website when I paid for this plugin

And, did you know that MarketPress is also 100% WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress compatible - so you can use it to start your own Etsy or Ebay style network of stores… where you take a % on each sale!!!

• brady_dyer

Also how do users sign-up for storefronts, and add new products, without going through the wordpress interface? Obviously you don't do that with ETSY or any other marketplaces.

It needs to be fluid.

I've read through plenty of comments on this forum of other people sharing the same views, and it just seems to be brushed off as most people pay for a month and then give up because it's far too hard to get anything working with this plugin?

• Kimberly

Hello there!

Welcome to the Community!

PayPal uses a gateway called Chained Payments to collect commission from subsite store owners.

This option is available in the Network Admin of your Multisite Installation. I have attached a picture so you can see the specific location. It is in the Settings>Marketpress Menu.

You cannot have a "global" cart and use Chained Payments. That is not a limitation of MarketPress, that is a limitation of Paypal.

Also, Etsy does not use a "global" cart. The checkout process is very similar to how Etsy works. Each subsite much be purchased from separately. I am a huge Etsy fan, I've checked out lots of times there :slight_smile:

We have tools that you can use to create an automatic storefront for users, like New Blog Templates and things to make using it easier for those who are not very experienced with WordPress like Easy Blogger. There are also external tools that can help with this: http://webnware.themetailors.com/store/products/tt-marketpress-frontend/ for example.

Marketpress is not an ETSY store. It's an e-commerce solution with the tools to create an ETSY like store. I does not come out of the box that way. It will take some customizing to create the type of store you want, but that will be with any type of site.

Best,

Kimberly

• Timothy Bowers

Why does this basic feature seem to hard to make work? It was the main selling point on the website when I paid for this plugin

Global cart doesn't support adaptive payments in Paypal as Kimberly mentioned.

I believe that Paypal does allow this but limits it to 6 including the receiver:

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_AdaptivePayments.pdf

You can have at most one primary receiver and 1-5 secondary receivers. Chained payments are useful in cases when the primary receiver acts as an agent for other receivers. The sender deals only with the primary receiver and does not know about the secondary receivers, including how a payment is split among receivers.

So if you had a buyer who took 10 items from 10 different shops, i.e. 10 receivers then it wouldn't work due to Paypals restrictions there.

If you know a way around their limitations then I'd be happy to present that to our developer.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.