Common Payment Gateways infrastructure across eCommerce plugins

I would like to see all of your eCommerce plugins (eg. Membership 2 Pro, MarketPress, etc) share a common set of payment gateways, perhaps adopting a similar approach to WooCommerce.

Membership 2 Pro is such an excellent plugin, that it's a shame it doesn't have the other gateways you already support in MarketPress — eg. eWay.

From a Multisite network perspective (which of course is where WPMU Dev really shines!), I think it's confusing to have MarketPress and Membership 2 Pro network-enabled, because a site admin might see [eWay] in the former plugin, then wonder where its options are in the latter.

Hope this is on your roadmap already?

• Nastia

Hello Cameron

I trust you are doing well today!

Thank you for your suggestion!

At the current time the Membership 2 and the MarketPress are sharing the following gateways:
    - PayPal,
    - Stripe,
    - Authorize.net

As you already know, there is already a feature request to integrate the Membership 2 plugin with eWay payment gateway:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/integrating-membership-2-with-eway

Right now it's not added to a list with future development features, because this request is quite recent. However, if this feature request will gather enough +1s from members it will be considered for development.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi Cameron,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, I can see what you are looking for. Actually we have this option already integrated with some of our plugins to sell stuff using MarketPress plugin. For example Appointments, CoursePress Pro, Events + ect... That's what WooCommerce does btw. You have to install and configure WooCommerce plugin separately just to sell courses (Sensei).

However, due to the nature of Membership 2 Plugin functionality its not easy to integrate it with MarketPress plugin specially for recurring subscriptions.

But I still agree with your point to have a central/common Payment Gateway solution for all of our plugins or should be option to get integrated with MarketPress plugin. Since this is already in features and feedback section from where it can be considered for development, if it gets enough support from other members of community.

Thanks for taking time and submitting this feature request, have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.