Communications Not Working Correctly after WP 4.2 update.

Communications Not Working Correctly after WP 4.2 update.

Specifically, reminder message not getting sent X days before subscription expiration.

And even if I click the test SEND ME links, no messages gets sent -- not the reminder email, nor the new subscription email.

However, the welcome email upon new subscription does work correctly upon new member subscription process.

I had tested the messages with the SEND ME links before the WP4.2 update, and they both worked.

NOTE:

I will be importing about 165 users, and will be updating their expiration dates via PHPMyADMIN. I understand that this is the only way to adjust the expiry date of imported users. (I have done this for two test users, and the renewal reminder message is not getting sent.)

This will be an important part of our membership, and the timed reminder emails were one of the primary reasons for our choice of your membership plugin.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kenneth,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the question!

I tested out the instantly sent email and the one works fine on sign up, but the send test doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm unable to test the follow up email right away but I have one sent to be sent out and I'll see whether I get it or not :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I'll flag the developer so they can take a look at the send test.

Have you made sure that it's not a CRON issue? You can use a Cron debug tool like this one here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar-cron/

The reason it's not getting sent could be because you manually imported them and set expires, we will find out from the developer on that :slight_smile:

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• KennethFeldman
    2015-04-27 00:32:25
    1 min	membership_perform_cron_processes_quarterhourly	15mins	900s
    15m
    0.25h	No Args
    2015-04-27 00:32:25
    1 min	membership_communications_process	5mins	300s
    5m
    0.0833333333333h	No Args
    2015-04-27 01:12:04
    40 mins	membership_perform_cron_processes_hourly	hourly	3600s
    60m
    1h	No Args
    2015-04-27 04:28:00
    4 hours	pb_backupbuddy-cron_scheduled_backup	twicedaily	43200s
    720m
    12h
    2015-04-27 06:07:30
    6 hours	wpmudev_scheduled_jobs	twicedaily	43200s
    720m
    12h	No Args
  • Tyler Postle

Hey Kenneth,

Hope you're doing well today! So it looks like the Cron should be fine. I saw in a couple of your other threads that you are looking to completely uninstall Membership and looks like install Protected Content instead, is that the plan? If you have already done that, are the Protected Content messages sending properly for you?

If you're still on Membership then would you mind granting support access? Then I can take a look at your settings.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.