Communities- Community names not listed in "Find Communities

Hey There-
I was testing the communities function as a test user and nothing is showing up under "find communities". A paying subscriber brought this to my attention, so thought I'd check it out. Please see my screenshot. Shouldn't a list of communities show up here? Otherwise, how will they know what communities are available?

aecnu

Greetings tutuology,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

After thorough testing the results are in .....

Shouldn't a list of communities show up here?

No, not unless a match if found during the search.

I created for example North America and South America as separate communities, when I search north or south they show respectively, when I search america they both show.

Otherwise, how will they know what communities are available?

The only one that can see a list of communities is the main site admin. So they are kept secret and if private require an code to join. If you want to display a list of communities you would need to make and maintain one of course with the Community Creators permission so to speak.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe

tutuology

So, I guess my question is, how will anyone know what community groups are available? Do I just have to tell everybody?

If someone has just joined our membership site and they want to see what's going on in Communities, they won't even know what is available? This doesn't seem right.
    Is anyone else out there using "Communities"? If so, how have you implemented it so your viewers/members can see what's out there?

Am I the only who can't figure this out? Essentially, I will have to invite each of my members to join a community. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this....you can't even click an "invite" button