Communities plugin display chinese characters error

Hello,

The Communities plugin displayed chinese characters error. Please look at the screenshots:

The characters all displayed as ???

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @James Hu,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Have you translated Communities plugin and WordPress to Chinese?

How have you translated it using any plugin or manually?

I can see in your screenshots that it is the only content that is displaying ??? so make sure you have translated the content properly in Chinese language.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Vaughan

Hi @james,

It shouldn't matter. The dashboard plugin allows us to be logged in as a super-admin, so we can access all the subsites too.

Are you familiar with phpmyadmin?

Just need to confirm that the DB tables are using UTF8 collation.

Now look down the list of tables for the tables that look like wp_communities

Check whether the collation says UTF8. like in my screenshot.

Now open the wp_communities table so you can see the data in each row. (screenshot 2)

Let us know if you see the correct characters there, if you see question marks or weird looking characters, then we know something is wrong on creation or with the DB, if you see the correct characters, then we know for sure that communities is just not displaying the unicode characters.

Hope this helps