Compact Mode's Captcha's input should have label

Hi there,

When using the compact mode feature of contact widget, the input field where we enter the captcha text should have a label like the rest ("Subject", "From", "Message"), and not empty like it is now. Just to be idiot proof sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like the rest, this label should be customisable too.

Thanks!

• flashmech
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Found another bug. When I try to submit an empty form, it clears out all the labels of my input fields.

This also happens if I have submitted the form successfully.

One last thing. I realised that the Subject is not validated when I click on "Send" the first time round. It works when I click a second time. I believe that's a bug. Please look into that too.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• flashmech

To be fair, there's just a couple of bugs. The rest are enhancements. :smiley: I really like the compact mode feature though, which is why I'm picking up all that can be improved to make the user experience better. :slight_smile:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi flashmech,

Thanks for all your feedback. I couldn't seem to replicate the issue you mentioned regarding the form fields being cleared, could you give that a try with Twenty Eleven to see if there's some sort of theme conflict there?

As for the "Enter the words above." string you mentioned, is it that you'd like the Refresh option to be on the same line?

And regarding your initial Captcha inquiry, did you want that pre-filled with "Enter the words above"?

Thanks,
    David

• flashmech

Hi David! I'm kinda tired right now to test the theme. I'll revert on that tomorrow. :slight_smile:

As for the others, here's my reply:
    1) Not exactly. I will want to customise the message like "Enter the words above (click image to refresh)" or something similar. I haven't given ample thought, but the idea is that.

2) Having the refresh button there does sound interesting though.

3) Yes. Those words should be pre-filled in the input field in compact mode.

• flashmech

Hey David, when you mention that you could not replicate the problem, I had a hunch and tested another browser. When I'm on Safari and Opera, the issue did not occur.

It occurred on Firefox 5.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Hope that helps to narrow down a bit. Thanks for looking into this. :slight_smile:

• flashmech

Hi David, please ignore my previous post. I found the exact steps to replicate the issue, and this occurred across ALL browsers.

## STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG ##
    1) Fill in all fields, and send the email.
    2) All fields are now cleared, and the bug kicked in from there.

Let me know if you need further clarifications. Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.