Comparing Beaver Builder and Upfront

I am a dedicated WPMU member. I love it. You guys have helped me through thick and then... but...

I am opening a new leg of our business that will help us compete with the website builder program gorillas out there.. so I started with Upfront.

Although I like a lot of the features, it seems a little cumbersome for clients that want to "click and go" without having to learn a lot.

So I starting looking at headway, beaver builder, white labeling builders, etc, etc. and the demo on beaver builder seems to be real intuitive and fast. Plus I like all the theme options a client could choose from.

We also have a long-term relationship with WooThemes which seems to integrate seamlessly with Beaver Builder.

If I had my preference, I would like to simply our business in 2016 and go primarily with WPMU along with some essentials like WP-Types and Gravity forms, but now I am tempted to "the dark side" at least for this new division we are launching to go head-to-head with website builders by offering something better. (not a big fan of builders but I think it has to be dealt with).

So I guess I am asking for a reason to use Upfront as opposed to Beaver Builder's white label option. I am not looking forward to learning their system, but I ultimately need what's best for users in terms of ease of use and speed.

After installing Upfront, I felt it has potential for greatness, but also the potential to frustrate "non=techies". I would love to wait until you get to 1.0 but I feel our move needs to be in the first quarter of 2016.

Your input is greatly appreciated as I consider this a crossroads that needs careful consideration. As always, I have deep respect for WPMU.

If Beaver Builder turns out to be the direction we go, do you know if its still compatible with WMPU's admin panel and if the themes will work with Beaver Builder.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello maxwebgear!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I know you're expecting me to give you some solid reasons to stick with Upfront instead of Beaver Builder. I can praise Upfront as I use it and love it but the hard part for me would be to compare it to Beaver Builder in any way for that single reason that I'm not familiar with latter one at all. I know it's there but I don't have a clue how it works. That said, maybe my colleagues here or other members of our community will be able to tell you more on that? I'm leaving that as an open question :slight_smile:

Let me however say something else: our Upfront theme is constantly developed and enhanced and what's even more important - it stepped on a whole new level recently. You mentioned that you

would love to wait until you get to 1.0 but I feel our move needs to be in the first quarter of 2016.

It's already here! Current version of Upfront is 1.0.5. There's been some important changes made to its UI and of course a lot of functional and "under the hood" fixes and improvements. The great feature are "Presets" for elements that can be easily created/duplicated/edited and applied to all elements. This let's you control more and more aspects of site layout without the need to write a single line of code. Furthermore, a lot of things that required e.g. custom CSS coding in "pre-1x Upfront era" now can be done with moving a few sliders.

I think you will want to test it out for yourself so please install one of Upfront child themes and play a bit with it :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

In case you had any further questions, please ask and I'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Eric

Maxwebgear,

I've been using Beaver Builder for about a year. I love it. I'm in the same boat you were when you wrote this post, but I'm looking into Upfront as the client builder for my multisite project... just to keep things neat. Thing is, I'm totally new to all things WPMU, so I'm curious what you ended up doing. Did you go with BB or Upfront, and what's your experience been like?

Thanks,
    Eric

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.