my situation and trouble (question) is this;
I developed a hard goods product that we sell primarily through direct online and affiliates. I started with someone else managing a hosted ecom site for me many years ago. Then we went into development again for new designs and coming back out the gates. I have opted to use wordpress and an ecom theme to work with.
From what I can see, your marketpress seems the most complete. You guys seemed to want to do it all, but I’m not clear on some things and have some concerns.
1. I had some initial problems with marketpress installation and crashing my site, and I think it was because I still has the lite version on there deactivated but not deleted.
2. I have questions about my ecommerce payment gateway/service provider. I have an existing merchant accounts, and the gateway/provider is called “internet secure” and I understand they work with your plugin. Is this correct? I am looking into paypal as well of course. I’m not sure for reasons to use my own instead of or alongside paypal, why not just use paypal?
3. I looked into TheCartPress as well…they have a very intuitive logical setup process and on first glance looks much more complete with order management etc…does your plugin do all the same things? from a consumer standpoint it isn’t clear that you get all the bells and whistles that thecartpress has. Additionally , 1shoppingcart is something I’ve been looking at and seems to have a robust complete service. Please tell me why I made the right purchase with your product…so far with not going through everything yet (I want to make sure I’ve made a completely good choice before fully setting up), it seems like order flow management process, order status etc might be limited in your plugin???
4. I have quite a few associates that would like to affiliate sell. Is this what you are terming multisite? And if so is there an additional plugin you suggest to work alongside your plugin to manage this? I noticed a few affiliate plugins but they seem more for membership based type things.
5. I have three main products right now, so it isn’t complicated and the “Shopping cart” versus the buy now option isn’t that important. It’s usually one product only and get it done. I just want a very seamless and positive clear user purchase experience as our products are over $1000 the confidence must be high.
6. ? I don’t see an obvious selection for the consumer changing the currency. We are based in Canada, but would like it to be easy for an American to select USD and see the pricing then. Does that apply?
Thank you so much for your assistance.