Compatability with OptimizePress Theme

Is WPMU membership compatable with OptimizePress Theme? We've set up members-only content based on OP members templates and now get redirect loop every time we try view one of those pages.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi africapic and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm not familiar with OptimizePress myself but as long as it's developed according to WordPress themeing standards and best practices, there really shouldn't be any problems.

That said, could we get a bit more information on how you've got this setup? Are you using shortcodes to restrict the content, or using a page rule maybe?

Could we maybe get a screenshot of the membership level rules for this particular case?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks Sam,

Could you let me know which pages you have set for the Protected Page and Registration Page in Membership > Edit Level?

If both those pages are set the same, that's likely the reason the redirect loop is occurring. If so, can you try setting those differently to verify they work alright that way?

Also, does the "subscription required" page show up in that list of pages in the Page rule? If not, it may be that you've got more pages than is able to be listed currently.

You can change the limit for that in the file membership-includes/includes/membership-config.php.

Cheers,
    David

• africapic
    • Flash Drive

Not sure what you meant by 'Protected Page'?

We've done positive rules only.'Premium' level has positive rules for all pages. 'Free' level has positive rules for all pages except premium and includes some free pages. 'Strangers' level has positive rules for all pages except premium and free pages. Am I missing something here?

We have two subscription levels: "Premium" which is public and "Free" which is private. Incomplete registrations get assigned to Free subscription. We want free able to access some pages(this works) but get the 'subscription required' page when trying to view premium pages (redirect loop).

• africapic
    • Flash Drive

Hi David,
    Thanks for your help. Sorry for repeating myself, I have been a bit stressed about this. We have a registration page with shortcode '[subscriptionform]'. We have many protected pages. They are separate. What can you suggest?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi africapic,

The pages I was referring to are the Protected Page and the Registration Page in Membership > Edit Options. They have to be set differently, otherwise they'll redirect, as maybe the case here since you're experiencing a redirect.

Here's a quick screenshot of the relevant section. Could you please take a look into that?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hmm, no the order of the levels/subscriptions shouldn't affect anything there. I wonder though, do you have a lot of pages on your site? If so, the issue may be that the pages you've specified for Protected Page and/or Registration Page are not listed in the Page rule.

If so, you'd need to increase the page limit in the Membership config file at membership-includes/includes/membership-config.php. You'll see a true/false setting there for the page limit.

Could you let me know if that works for you?

Thanks,
    David

• africapic
    • Flash Drive

Forgot to say I already edited that file to extend the limit. The funny thing is, when we had the free plugin installed with only 2 levels it worked. That said, it was strange that it did as the "members-only" level had no rules at all before we upgraded to membership premium.

• africapic
    • Flash Drive

Just noticed I have a subscription package with 5 users that I can't deactivate or delete. I don't need it any more. Could this be causing the loop?

Also we haven't deactivated the conventional Wordpress Users system (do you have to?) and the subscriptions show user counts even though those users have been deleted.

Anyone?

EDIT:
    OK, this was solved by deleting the relantionships in PhpMyAdmin:
    DELETE FROM wp_m_membership_relationships WHERE user_id NOT IN (SELECT ID FROM wp_users);
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-database-interaction-and-admin-panel-permissions

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.