Compatibility with Buddypress Registration Options and Ultimate Facebook

hi,

I wanted to know if there are any known compatibility issues with Ultimate Facebook and BP Registration options. I would like to have a BP site in which all new users would have to be approved, but I also like the convenience of allowing people to signup using their facebook credentials. Is there a way to get ultimate facebook to honor those settings or maybe have an approval required option.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

If you allow people to register using Facebook, they will still have a user account created on your site so any plugin, including BuddyPress that hooks into that should still work well alongside it.

Should you have any issues, just let us know and we'll help you sort it out.

Phil

• aweathers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Let me clarify. There's a plugin call BP Registration Options. That plugin allows you to pre-approve all users if desired. Using Ultimate Facebook seems to bypass those settings. So is there a way to get Ultimate facebook to honor those setting or can an approve option be added to UF?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

It depends how that plugin works and where in the registration process it acts. UFB will create a new user account, so it depends how that plugin is influencing things.

From looking at that plugin it seems to hook into the registration form. Obviously when using Facebook, that default reg form isn't used. There is no way to add extra bits to the Facebook registration process.

Phil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya aweathers,

As Phil's mentioned, Ultimate Facebook's registration/login takes over the registration process and there's currently not a way to alter that process apart from editing the plugin itself, something you may want to seek a developer for assistance with if you're not comfortable with coding.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.