Compatibility with Polylang

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to have the email templates and and subscribe form translated using the polylang plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/)

The plugins does not recognize 'Subscribe by email' in the language strings so it cannot translate it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If you are looking to get the email templates, and the form translated you'll have to create a PO, and Mo file according to your language. If I'm not mistaken, Polylang is more of a translation tool for strings within the dashboard, you'll have to use Poedit, or a plugin like Loco Translate to make the required translation to the plugin's translation file, and add these in /wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

I hope this helps. Please advise if I'm missing out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Chamosan
    • Flash Drive

Thanks again for your help, I have the plugin translated and looking great.

One more thing...

When the email notification is sent, the email is in English, even though I'm in the Spanish side and the plug-in is loading the Spanish translation.

Am I missing something? How can I get the emails to match the active translation when subscribing to the newsletters?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Am I missing something? How can I get the emails to match the active translation when subscribing to the newsletters?

I checked all the mail templates in the Subscribe by email plugin, and all the strings can be translatable using the PO, and MO files. Could you please attach the screenshot of the email which didn't get translated, so that we could give a closer look. Is the notification related to administrator notices?

Also, If its okay for you then please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.