Compatible theme for membership and appointment plugin

Hi,
I have installed membership and appointment+ plugin for my site and then i realize that my existing theme(my theme is ATTITUDE- http://wordpress.org/themes/attitude) have compatibility issue and have odd layout in different browsers( i ask help to sort out the problem of the theme but still didn't get a reply....) .
As I have a very short time i decided to move to another theme and tried to installed few and all have some odd behaviors.
So can you please tell me some FREE themes which are similar looking to ATTITUDE theme & compatible with above mentioned plugins
Quick reply very much appreciated
Kind regards,
Dr.Lasantha

• Alexander

Hi @Health Lab Crew,

Do you have any other plugins active on your site? I'm not sure this is a problem with your theme. I've tried that theme and didn't see any issues.

Can you test for a plugin or theme conflict?

You can do this by switching to the default theme (TwentyThirteen) and deactivating all your plugins. After this, test the issue as see if anything is different. If it's working, try changing your theme back and testing again. If at this point it's broken, we know it's a theme conflict. If not, start reactivating your plugins and testing as you go along, once it stops working you'll be able to know which plugin is causing a conflict. Once a conflict is identified, we can look into a specific solution for it.

This will help us rule out if the theme is actually a problem. It could be that another plugin on the site is causing the layout issues.

Let me know what you find out.

Best regards,

• Health Lab Crew

Hi Alex
    I have only 4 themes in the site ( Hello dolly and akismet which are not activated are the other 2)
    i followed your instruction. No issue seen in Twenty Thirteen or ATTITUDE themes when plugins are deactivated.
    But issues seen again when the "MEMBERSHIP" Plugin activated. As before ACCOUNT/ SUBSCRIPTION/ REGISTER/ WELCOME AND PROTECTED CONTACT page headings are seen in Firefox and IE( i have attached the images here..additionally seen once are marked with RED box.)

SO I think this is a plugin conflict???

Can you help me on this?
    Kind regards,
    Dr.Lasantha

• Alexander

Some of the membership pages are dynamically created so this could be part of the problem. Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant login information (Wordpress admin info)

Best regards,

• Health Lab Crew

Hi Alex,,
    Thank you for the reply.. Yes now..i also think the problem is in the plugin..not the browser compatibility. ( i didn't noticed the abnormal lay out in chrome because I have log in as a admin. sorry about that i didn't realize that)

S0 now the problem is....
    if you log in as admin.... to the site you have expected out come.. if you come as new user then you can see the above pages in the home page "widget area" with change lay out

I have send you a mail with log in information

Kind Regards,
    Dr.Lasantha

• Alexander

Hi @Health Lab Crew,

I logged in to take a look, but it looks like you were changing the theme? I can confirm I'm seeing the issue you've described. I was able to discover that it's a problem with how both of the theme specific widgets are setup to query pages, but I'm not quite sure how to fix this at the moment.

Are you going to be changing themes? If so, let me know. Otherwise I can continue checking if there's a way to get this working.

Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi again,

I've taken a closer look at the theme, and for the most part the theme is fine. However, the custom widgets that the theme offers are the problem. They just aren't working properly with the pages dynamically generated by Membership. I've looked at the theme code, and there isn't an easy fix for this. It would require a good bit of custom coding and theme modifications. Unfortunately we can't guarantee 100% compatibility with all the code from 3rd party themes

It's ok to continue using this theme, but you may just need to use other widgets like the built in ones from WordPress instead of the one's added by the plugin.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.