Compatible with WPML?

I believe there is an incompatibility with the WPML plugin.

The "Right Now" section of my Dashboard is showing 300+ posts, yet the "Posts" section only shows 10. These are the 10 that were available prior to installing WPML. I'm not exactly sure where my posts are going, but there is definitely an issue between the Google+ Plugin and WPML.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any way to fix?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings extremis,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

Obviously we cannot support WPML who has a whole team of there own to deal with issues - but we can try to figure out if this is indeed what is going on.

What happens when you temporarily deactivate WPML? Does the number correct itself?

What is the real number? Have you checked under Posts itself and see if these posts indeed exist?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Steven Mautone
    • Flash Drive

Sorry for the delayed response.

When I deactivate the plugin the number corrects itself...

With WPML activated, 10 posts show in English, none show in my other languages (since I have not translated any yet). The Right Now module shows 498 posts.

When I deactivate WPML, 498 posts show. Both the Posts and Right Now module are correctly synced.

Reactivating the plugin goes back to showing just 10 posts... in English.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings extremis,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly bizarre and helpful.

I will see if I can get this very talented lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us but before flagging him relative to this ticket, could you please post the URL to the site in question so we can take a look first hand?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings extremis,

Thank you for the additional clarification and you are correct about what difference visiting the front end of the site will make - none.

And indeed since I cannot see the back end you have a point.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us so he can dig into this issue and the back end in which he will need credentials for.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Steven Mautone
    • Flash Drive

Yes, that is exactly the problem. Google+ is importing posts... but the imported posts are not showing under the Posts section... yet they are showing in the "Right Now" dashboard widget.

If I turn off WPML then all of the posts display properly. Turning WPML back on will again "hide" all Google+ imported posts except for the original 10 that were imported prior to activating the Google+ Plugin.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

This is odd, I haven't been able to recreate this behavior on my environment. What is your WPML plugin version? I assumed the latest one (v2.6.2). Also, can you please try uploading the attached wpml-config.xml file to your Google plugin root directory (where the screenshots and readme.txt are) and see if it helps?

• Steven Mautone
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response. The Holidays took me offline for a bit. Happy New Year to everyone.

I realized that I was using a slightly older version of the WPML plugin. Actually I had one point release earlier than current. I have now upgraded to 2.6.2 and everything is now working properly.

Thank you for your help.
    Best regards,

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings extremis,

Thank you for letting us know that you managed to resolve the issue by upgrading the WPML plugin and for posting that as the solution in this particular case.

Have a GREAT New Year and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.