"Complete Payment" button Membership 2 Pro Plugin

Hi,
I am using Membership 2 Pro plugin on my website.
After registration and using Stripe Payment button the user can make a payment for subscription.
However if the payment was not completed in the sign up flow there is a "Complete payment" and "Pending" button in the membership list which I found is broken i.e. blocking the user to complete the payment if it didn't complete first time.

What is the solution for this?

Best Regards
Albin

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Albin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have just tried to replicate that on my end. I have signed up for a paid (recurring payment) membership and just aborted payment. I was then able to access my "Account" page and complete payment so that worked fine on my end.

It's possible though that I'm missing some important step here or that it's a matter of specific configuration of your site. Could you please:

1) provide me with a simple "step by step" guide on how should I replicate that?
    2) grant me a support access to your site so I could test it there and review configuration?

In order to grant me a support access please follow this guide and let me know when it's enabled:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Albin

Step by step (on how I see the issue):

* Registration page// Membership list.
    * "Signup" button on Premium membership.
    *Create an Account page.
    *Agree to terms and conditions // I Agree checkbox (Add-on).
    *"Register My Account" button.
    *Join Membership page //Apply coupon.
    *Pay with Card button // dont fill in any details.
    *Go to Home.
    *Go to Account page.
    *"Pending" button.
    *Membership list // Pending payment.
    *"Complete Payment" button <---------------------- Doesn't work!

The button link appears broken.

Support access has been granted.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Albin!

Thank you for granting access and for that detailed instruction. I have tested it once again on both mind and yours sites and I can confirm that it doesn't work on your site the way it should be.

It seems that the data that's being send by Membership 2 Pro forms is not properly processed/picked up and that results in redirecting user to wrong pages/serving wrong content.

I noticed however that you are using Site Origin builder on the site. While all the Membership 2 Pro "system" pages ("Registration", "Account" etc) are not using Site Origin builder, the "Memberships" page is. That is the page that's not processing data sent from the form. If you modify it and put Membership 2 Pro shortcodes there directly using default WP editor (preferably in "Text" mode) that should start working fine.

It's actually a Site Origin glitch rather than Membership 2 Pro. I already came across similar issues with it related to other forms from other (3rd party) plugins in the past so it seems that the way they handle content processing on site may be interfering here.

If you have further questions on this, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Albin

I have encountered issues when using the WPMU Affiliate plugin with Membership Pro 2,

I have seen that I can get the number of Unique clicks to increase when clicking the affiliate link (I passed the link through Hide-ip service to make unique visitors). But the tracking of the Sign ups and Payments appear not working.

I am trying to verify that the plugin is working with a Paypal email. I need support to verify that Affiliate plugin is working on my website.

To get Unique visitors to work I had to comment out code in my htacess file (not sure why that is):
    #RewriteEngine On
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https?://(www\.)?2xcellence\.se/ [NC]
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !hotlink\.(gif|png|jpg|doc|xls|pdf|html|htm|xlsx|docx|mp4|mov) [NC]
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wordpress_logged_in.*$ [NC]
    #RewriteRule .*\.(gif|png|jpg|doc|xls|pdf|html|htm|xlsx|docx|mp4|mov)$ https://2xcellence.se/about/ [NC]

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Albin,

I hope you're well today!

The rules that you had to comment out might have to be commented out here (or, at lest, this line: "#RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wordpress_logged_in.*$ [NC]") as, if I correctly understand them, they actually redirect rests to the /about/ page if
    - referer is not *xcellence.se
    - AND is not hotlinking
    - AND there's NO wp_logged_in cookie (so visitor is logged out)

I think such "redirect scheme" is very likely to affect the incoming affiliate links performance.

You have already been able to confirm that the plugin properly counts unique clicks.That, so far, seems to be working fine on my end (test setup) too so that part would be confirmed, I think.

After checking this, however, I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "verify that the plugin is working with a Paypal email". The plugin itself doesn't "use" PayPal directly (automatically) and it's also - in terms of integration - limited to specific plugins so it won't work with 3rd-party plugin without some custom development.

That said, I got a feeling that I'm missing the point here so could you please elaborate a bit more on that "PayPal email" part? I'll be happy then to test it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Albin

Hi,

great - I believe it is confirmed that the rules in htaccess were impacting unique clicks and can be omitted for now.

In my attempt to verify if affiliate link => payment => paid member => comission to affiliate,
    I used real VISA debit card with a discount coupon set with discount 98%.
    However the statistics tracking do not show any paid members as result of payment when using the affiliate link.

As confirmed by you, the "rules" in the htaccess when active will make the statistics tracking not work properly. so any attempt previous when having the rules active would not work i.e. when attempting triggering +1 for unique click, should also give +1 paid member with the affiliate link if made properly with payment, but it failed for some reason. I can think of a few things that would make the error occur given the analysis,
    1. the rules were active when testing with new unique users
    2. A bug with the plugin e.g. when using coupon

Is there a way to test (as a single person) that the affiliate link system is working on my website, any suggestion?

I guess next step would be to verify if Sign ups can be tracked/triggered:
    Here is my affiliate link, any Free sign ups on the "Octane" membership should be tracked after sign up - Affiliate Albin Olsson1:
    https://www.2xcellence.se/about/?ref=Albin%20Olsson1-551

Could you verify if my affiliate link work with either the Signups or Paid members?
    You should be able to trigger Sign ups if the plugin works with the website?
    The Sign up page should be available directly after login with google, linkedin, or facebook.
    And under Affiliate -> Manage affiliate the statistics for Albin Olsson1 should be visible.

If there is no restriction with coupon you could verify using a 100% discount code I guess?

• Albin

Some further comments regarding your requests for me to elaborate on some details,

I am running Membership 2 Pro on my website which shall integrate with the Affiliate plugin if I understand correctly.
    The status of Add-on "Membership2
    Reward users for bringing new subscriptions via the WPMUDEV Membership2 plugin" is Active.

If possible I would like you confirm that the plugin is working on my website, I were assuming that since the plugin requires an affiliate email i.e. Paypal email, that paypal account would be required to do so. On later thoughts, I guess you could use the affiliate link I provided and check the statistics tick-up with my affiliate user as proposed with testing sign-up or some coupon or stripe sandbox mode (Membership2 settings -> Payment -> Click to change state from "Live" -> "Sandbox"). The payment gateway on the website is Stripe which can be set to Sandbox mode allowing for Test cards working with Stripe payment gateway to be used to verify payments.
    https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Albin,

I was doing some testing of Membership 2 with Affiliates plugin and the tracking worked fine with and without a coupon registered for me, both of the payments were tracked in for the affiliate user.

Can you please update Membership 2 to latest version (currently 1.1.1) and test the process again, if you're still having issues please grant support access again so we can investigate this further.

Best regards,
    Predrag