Complex and heavy setup can be splitted in differenst sites ?

Hello,
I had the project to build a multisite with buddypress/woocommerce+ several plugins/ and wp job manager on the main site.
Then network activated plugins to manage the network...
then subsites with the beaver builder plugin.
Now when i see P3 analysis with 3 seconds for page load on the mainsite. I am worried
this could be too ressource intensive...
So what would be your advice ?
Will that help if I install woo commerce on a different subsite than buddypress in the same install ?
Can I share this set up on 2 or 3 different install and share the same login and user base ? Will this help if I had for exemple a multisite install + a monowordpress install for buddypress and another one for woocommerce ?
If so, how can I share the database and logins ?
Best regards,
Hervé

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Hervé, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

First off, I noticed that while you have the memory limit specified as 256M for your Multisite, I'm seeing a memory limit of 64M when I go into the Dashboard for your main site, and check out the information posted in the footer there.

Could you try inserting this define into your site's wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

And seeing if that helps please?

Just to address these points:

Will that help if I install woo commerce on a different subsite than buddypress in the same install ?

Only for the main site's loading speed. As you have BuddyPress network activated, it's likely that you'd run into the same speed issues on the subsite, if you decided to active WooCommerce there.

Can I share this set up on 2 or 3 different install and share the same login and user base ? Will this help if I had for exemple a multisite install + a monowordpress install for buddypress and another one for woocommerce ?
    If so, how can I share the database and logins ?

In terms of sharing a single login between several installs, you could try using this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/auth0/

Be advised though, your mileage may vary, depending on how you're looking to have everything tie together (WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and the job manager plugin).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Hervé, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

However, I wish I could remove the buddypress network activation. If I do so, i have got a white screen on the subsites...

When you get the white screen, have you tried enabling WP_DEBUG inside of your site's wp-config.php, like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

And seeing what comes up then? It sounds like there might be a plugin active that requires BuddyPress, but knowing what errors are being generated would help narrow down the culprit.

If you're still only seeing a white screen after setting WP_DEBUG to true, then could you try uploading the no-white-screen.php inside of the attached .zip file to:

/wp-content/mu-plugins

(create the mu-plugins folder if it doesn't already exist)

And try reloading the page?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.