Compliance documentation

My client is in the insurance business. They've asked me about compliance. Is there any sort of statement about things like HIPAA or any of the ISO certifications?

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Jack Lavender – we don’t have any HIPPA or ISO certifications at this point as WPMU DEV.

If you are talking about our hosting, everything is hosted on Digital Ocean infrastructure, and you can find their details here: https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/compliance/

For HIPPA, I wouldn’t recommend any patient/medical or HIPPA related data being collected or stored on a public-facing website :slight_smile:

Does that help?

• Jack Lavender
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks. They are really more of an insurance agency “holding” company in that they’ve rolled up a bunch of smaller agencies. They won’t be storing any data that would be covered by HIPAA – they asked about compliance-related certifications.

And, frankly, they were on GoDaddy without an SSL cert before I took over the site, so things are dramatically improved already :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jack

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Jack!

Dramatically improved, indeed! Not really a certification, but important to note to your customer if you haven’t already – each individual site we host is on it’s own completely containerized and separated VPS, with dedicated resources and storage. Nothing shared at all :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ronnie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.