Compressing and resizing images to increase speed

HI-
I am stumped at what step in this process I am missing that I can't get this last chunk of my images to resize. I have run WP Smush , I have Resized original images both by selecting the option in Smush and by FTPing down the oversize images and in photoshop decreasing size and resolution then FTPing back on to server. I have changes the predefined image sizes in WooCommerce and run regenerate thumbnails. In Smush I Included my original full-size images, used Super-smush my images, I ran bulk smush on all upload file.

I But the same 25 or so images never change size. What have I missed? Thanks for the help!

• Sajid

Hello llavone77,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Please note that, WP Smush Pro plugin algorithm is smart enough to detect what images need smushing/optimization and what not. So it will only smush those are needed to be smuhsed and will ignore others.

However, after reviewing your site, I see that the issue is not with image optimization. Instead its an issue of using correct size of image for different sections of your website.

For instance, on homage you are displaying products with thumbnails. The image size here is 400x400 but required size for this blog is 225x225. So you are loading almost an image with double size than its required that were you need attention.

To fix this issue, you have to find such images on your site and replace with exact same size of the image that is visible.

I am sorry but WP Smush Pro does not resize thumbnails for different sections of your site. It is totally dependent on theme author. So you have to either change the images with smaller sizes or ask theme author register a size for such images to make it work.

Also, along with image optimzation/smushing, I would strongly recommend you use image lazy loading plugins to load images only when required and visitor is on that section where images needs to be. For this purpose, you can use one of following plugins.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load-xt/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.