Compressing Hasn't Helped Performance Score

I have done several of the tips from humming bird to help with performance but I am still getting a "0" for my score! I went through and decreased the size of the 3 largest images but my score has yet to change. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Does it take humming bird more time to realized these have been altered or should it be right away?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Adria, hope you had a wonderful day.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Actually it's pretty tough to tell anything about this without seeing it live. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Seems like Image Optimization has got a very poor result. I don't think it's the reason for showing "0" as score, still can you run Bulk Smush on your server to optimize all images? Please let us know if the score is still "0" after smushing all images. I'll ping our plugin developer to have a look at this. I believe, he can solve it faster.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

I've pinged our developer and waiting for his feedback on this as he can tell us best why this could be happening. Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

I'll update you as soon as I get something from him. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• SPARKZ MEDIA
    • Flash Drive

Hmmm, here's what I did to improve my site score an absolute ton compared to what it was:

Download wp smush activate and change the settings to:
    Resize original images: Width1000px x Height 1000px.
    Super-smush my images: on
    Automatically smush my images on upload: on.
    Now, re-scan your library and blulk smush them! It might also help that you export your images for web before uploading in the first place (I used to always make this mistake!)

Download hummingbird and activate minification, combine all entries and minify them and then drop them all to the footer, refresh your site, if it is broken go through one by one and move the scripts back to it's original place using the options and keep checking each change (it's a pain but it works) but you could also just move the scripts etc that look important for your them back to their original place instead if you want to save time but potentially harm your overall score.

Enable browser caching in humming bird also and set all expiries to 16 days.

Now, for Gzip compression in my experience doesn't really work or not at all work in a shared hosting environment (it didn't in mine atleast) because for safety many hosts will disable certain features within Apache or Nginx (I'm assuming this is what is being used). However! If you have your own server and you know what server type you're using primarily then select it from the gzip compression screen and enable it, to get mine working since I can't access my server settings in a friendly way then I had to disable Nginx for my website within Plesk so everything for that site goes through Apache instead and after that it worked!

Sorry if none of this makes sense or whether I didn't even grasp the problem or the topic but I'm assuming this might come in handy for some of you!

Good Luck, don't work too hard! It'll come to you!
    -Callum

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Adria,

Sorry to know you are still having issues, it seems like the support access is disabled, please enable support access so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.