Configuration confusion - number of ads and "show on main blog"

Hello. Two points in the configuration for Ad Sharing plugin have me stumped.

1. I don't understand the relationship between the ad location choice and the number of ads choice. If the location choices are top, bottom, both or none, I'm thinking the number of possible ads is only 1, 2 or 0. How can you have a higher number of ads than 2? However I set that number, I don't see any effect -- just one ad shows up in either the bottom or top location based on what I've chosen.

2. The configuration instructions show a choice that doesn't appear on my install. #8, "Decide whether or not to show ads in the main blog." That item isn't available to me. Anything to be concerned about? I suspect that it's because I'm using this only on a single blog and wp-multi user isn't activated.

• Patrick

Hi @rmcguire

Welcome to the forums!

1) Some ad servers can serve up multiple ads with a single snippet of code, This allows you to limit that. Also, I think some Adsense ads are multiples. Plus, you can add code for more than one ad in any particular location.

2) Correct, that setting would not be visible on a single site setup.

But, as you are running a single site, I wonder if our In Post Ads plugin might not be a better fit for you:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/in-post-ads/

• rmcguire

I hadn't considered that, because my main interest is in creating a revenue share for contributors. Maybe a creative use of this In Post Ads would allow that.

Does it allow you to put a different ad -- and different configuration of ads -- in each post? Presumably, most users would want to set it up once and apply it to every post. But in my case, being able to put in the ad code each time a new post is created would be a feature.

If so, I could have an arrangement with contributor where they were permitted one in-post ad with their code in their post own posts, and I could put my own ads in the sidebar or bottom.

Would that work? Or is it set up so that only one person's ad code is appearing in every post?

• Patrick

Hi @rmcguire

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads.

I noticed that this one is still open, and appears to have been dropped. Terribly sorry about that. :slight_frown:

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

If not, just to get the ticket out of our active system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you do still need help here, please don't hesitate to re-open the thread by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.