Configure Default Free Level Pro Sites

Hi everyone, I’ve spent some time reading through existing posts on the forum but can’t find a specific answer to my problem.

I know that there is a free level included automatically in Pro Sites, but there is no way to configure the ‘Page Quota’ options for this level in Pro Sites > Settings > Post/Page Quota.

I’m also unable to find a way to use the Pricing Tables / Feature Table settings to display a comparison between my ‘Free’ plan and my ‘Pro’ plan – is there a workaround for this or something I’m missing?

For example, I’d like to limit my ‘Free’ plan to just 5 pages and set the max. storage space to 500MB.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Jules, Michael here!

On the Post Quota, the way that works is:

– If a site does have the level specified in the “Pro Site Level” dropdown, then it’ll have the quota lifted (so it can publish an unlimited number of posts, pages, etc)

– If not, a limit is set for those who don’t have that level

Do you have a single Pro Site plan? If so, then you can set the “Pages Quota” to 5, that’d do the trick for that side of things.

As for the media limit, you’d want to go to the Network Dashboard, and navigate to:

Settings -> Network Settings

And check the box for “Site upload space”, with the limit being set to 500.

As for the pricing table, that’d only show Pro Site levels, a separate pricing table would need to be created to display the features of both the free (default, non-Pro status) and the Pro level, a plugin like this could help create that:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/dk-pricr-responsive-pricing-table/

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Jules
    • New Recruit

Hey Michael, thanks so much for your speedy reply.

I’ve amended the Network Settings Upload space, which is great!

I’ve got one Pro Site plan which I want to limit to say, 10 pages.

Perhaps a better workaround would be to create two Pro Site plans:

Version A – 5 pages and Version B – 10 pages. I’m assuming that this would then limit the default free to less than 5 pages?

Thanks for that plugin link, going to test it out now!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Jules, you’re welcome, thanks in return for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I’ve got one Pro Site plan which I want to limit to say, 10 pages.

Perhaps a better workaround would be to create two Pro Site plans:

Version A – 5 pages and Version B – 10 pages. I’m assuming that this would then limit the default free to less than 5 pages?

The post/page quota would apply to anyone who doesn’t have the minimum level chosen, as noted in the attached screenshot below:

Building on your recent example, where Version B is chosen as the minimum, and a quota of 10 pages/posts is applied, the logic would be like this:

Free: Quota applied (10 posts/pages max)

Version A: Quota applied (10 posts/pages max)

Version B: Quota lifted (unlimited posts/pages)

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Urbano
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi there guys, congratulations for the great support you have here!

As for the pricing table, that’d only show Pro Site levels, a separate pricing table would need to be created to display the features of both the free (default, non-Pro status) and the Pro level, a plugin like this could help create that:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/dk-pricr-responsive-pricing-table/

I have installed your suggested plugin and worked great for showing the Free Plan. But now, how do I connect it to ProSites? What link should we configure?

You can check the page we’ve created here, it’s in Portuguese but you will understand: http://cloudstore.pt/planos/

Cheers!

• Urbano

Quick update: Just realized Responsive Pricing Table does not allow you to have different prices for different subscriptions like monthly, quarterly or annually.

Maybe a different Tablet Price Plugin could fix this, any suggestions? I’m going to test others and leave feedback later.

Keep up the good work!

• Urbano

Thank you, I was just trying to solve this related issues on the same topic and spare some time to you guys. :slight_smile:

I’m glad to be a proactive member and will be testing all your features this month. Maybe you could offer me a three month subscription to keep me going. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers.

• Samuel
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi There,

Just joining in on this conversation as I was about to post a similar one myself.

I am trying to also do “staggered” quotas, wherby free users get 1 page, level 1 users get 2 pages and all other users (level 2 and 3 in my case) get unlimited.

Is there a way I can achieve this – perhaps a quick MU plugin with an if statement, checking the users level and then setting a rule for the quotas – are there hooks in ProSites that could achieve this?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.