configure screen options for all users

I would like that all users, once logged in WP, can only see Widget “at a glance” and “Activity” on the dashboard.

Is it possible and how?

I found your Dashboard Widget Order plugin, but could not understand how to make it work (have posted another topic on this).

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Luce Tancil,

I just answered on your thread asking exactly for this explanation :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/configure-dashboard-widget-order

What you are looking for is Ultimate Branding plugin which has Remove WP Dashboard Widgets option where you simply use checkboxes to remove certain dashboard widgets.

You can get Ultimate Branding here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Éric Malalel
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have installed and configured Ultimate Branding, and yes indeed, seems right for me.

I have defined a Custom Dashboard Welcome.

It is displayed for some users but not for some others with a specific role.

I also use the User Role Editor plugin.

Do I need to give a specific right to enable users to see the Custom Dashboard Welcome?

• Éric Malalel

Oops, not so good, the Admin Message is displayed on every admin page, I want a text only on the Dashboard home page, and therefore the Custom Dashboard Welcome is probably what I need, but still have the problem with users with a specific role.

On a more global basis, is it possible to define which screen settings are available to the user, especially on the dashboard or in the page editor.

On the dashboard home, I would like to see only Widget "at a glance", "Activity" and "Custom Dashboard Welcome".

On the page editor, I would like to remove most Widgets, see attached screen copy.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Luce Tancil,

Would you mind granting me support access to your site so I can check correct labels for those elements and cook you up some CSS code you can use to hide them from screen options?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

the Admin Message is displayed on every admin page

Can you tell me which admin message you are referring to?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Luce Tancil,

Glad to hear you found a workaround for that :slight_smile:

As for the widgets and other Screen Options here is CSS you can add to custom admin css filed in Ultimate Branding (I have enabled this option for your)

label[for="revisionsdiv-hide"], /*Révisions*/
    label[for="postexcerpt-hide"], /*Extrait*/
    label[for="postcustom-hide"], /*Champs personnalisés*/
    label[for="commentstatusdiv-hide"], /*Discussion*/
    label[for="commentsdiv-hide"], /*Commentaires*/
    label[for="slugdiv-hide"], /*Identifiant*/
    label[for="authordiv-hide"], /*Auteur*/
    label[for="et_pb_layout-hide"], /*Créateur de page*/
    label[for="pageparentdiv-hide"], /*Attributs de la page*/
    label[for="postimagediv-hide"], /*Image à la Une*/
    label[for="et_settings_meta_box-hide"], /*Paramètres ET*/
    label[for="dashboard_right_now-hide"], /*D’un coup d’œil*/
    label[for="dashboard_activity-hide"], /*Activité*/
    label[for="dashboard_quick_press-hide"], /*Brouillon rapide*/
    label[for="wp_welcome_panel-hide"] /*wp_welcome_panel-hide*/
    {
    display: none;
    }

After each line there is comment to which field this is addressed to, so if you want to show some of those fields simply remove that line from the code.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Éric Malalel

Hi Predrag,

Sorry but I can't make it work.

When I copy your code to Admin Bar CSS Styles field, it adds "" characters, and when I remove them, they are back again.

See attached screen copy.

Maybe to make it simpler, is it possible to hide the whole screen options section?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Luce Tancil,

Oh, sorry if I was unclear about this, this is not admin bar css, this is custom admin css code.

Meaning, you need to enable Custom Admin CSS option (screenshot one) and then go to CSS tab and in Custom Admin CSS field paste the code provided (screenshot two).

I have tested this on my installation and it’s working as intended.

If you want to hide the Screen Options button you can do that by adding this code to the same field:

#screen-options-link-wrap {
    display: none;
    }

Let me know if it’s working now.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.