Configure Subscribers Properly after Leaving Wordpress.com

Hi there,

This is a bit complicated, but if we can get it going it will change my life!

Three plugins / functions:
1) Subscribe By Email / non-users receive blog updates
2) Membership 2 Pro / New Sponsors
3) e-Newsletter / Send Newsletter

Gettin' tricky!
This is where it gets fun. We need to make this system effective and efficient, so that when we send a newsletter it goes out to all Subscribe By Email users, as well as all wordpress site users, including sponsors of course. I'd hate to manually import email addresses from one area to another, when logically it should all be integrated.

What do you recommend?

I notice that eNewsletter has groups functions, so ideally this system would not only integrate all website users to receive the main newsletter, but a groups function could exist for Sponsors as well as Subscribers. Each group would propagate automatically from respective sources. Is this already automated, or is there any way to automate this process?

Thanks as always, you guys are epic!
Magnificent Regards!
-Abraham

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Abraham,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think such a setup would be a bit tricky indeed as these three plugins are not integrated yet, unfortunately. You can import users to e-Newsletter and spread them across different groups but this will not happen automatically.

That said, it would require custom developed code that would interact with a) WP registration b) database.

The Membership 2 Pro could be a good starting point here. There's an extensive API built in and you'll find its docs in your dashboard on "Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs" page.

I'm thinking this could work this way:

- upon user signup custom code checks for selected membership and automatically adds record to the e-Newsletter subscribers database (including group selection)

- custom code hooks to Subscribe by Email and intercepts name and e-mail of the subscriber, adding it to the e-Newsletter subscribers database (to a separate group).

Additionally, the code should also respect account/subscription cancellation. That said, that's quite a bit of custom coding so the question is whether you feel like giving it a try? As we're not offering custom development services so in case you'd need help with this you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

In case you'd like to give it a try yourself, I'll be happy to share any tips and knowledge I and/or our developers have on this that could be useful.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.