I am struggling to figure out how to set up the membership plugin for an "a la carte" content model.
* By default, all users should be restricted from all site.com/content-type URLs
* A subscriber who belongs to the "content-area" subscription level should be permitted access to all site.com/content-type/content-area URLs. There are multiple content-area slugs, with a separate subscription level and access level for each
My current setup:
* Unregistered users are put into a free subscription, which has an access level with a negative rule: no site.com/content-type URLs (via regex)
* Subscribers to content-area1 are put into an access level that gives a positive access to site.com/content-type/content-area1 URLs, and likewise for content-area2, etc.
* Users who are only part of the free subscription see the non-content-type areas of the site fine and are blocked from the content-type areas. (OK)
* Users who are only part of the content-area1 subscription see only the content-area1 areas (OK)
* Users who are part of both the free subscription and content-area1 subscription are blocked from everything (NOT OK--expected result is that they could see everything non-content-type because of free subscription, and also have access to content-area1).
Is there a different way to set up the access levels/subscriptions so that I can add content-area subscriptions a la carte on top of the free user subscription?