Configuring CSS for Recent Posts widget appearance

Was able to add Post Indexer, and was also able to add widgets to the front page of my blog. Whats happening now is that my widget size is 100%, but my post content is not optimized for 100%. How can i adjust the look and feel of the posts using the Recent Custom Posts Type plug-in? Or is there another plug-in that will get me closer to my goal? Ill post a pic of what i am trying to accomplish

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings WAARBA,

Thank you for the great question but I do not think the post indexer has anything to do with the css or output you have described wanting to adjust.

With that said and because I do not know everything I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi, which version of the widgets are you using (the current one, or are you on the new versions)? Are you having an issue with the post indexer as well as the css issue? Just wondered why you put this thread as a post indexer issue, rather than the recent posts widget plugin?

Here is a visual of what I was able to make with the “Advanced Recent Posts” Plugin/Widget. Looking for guidance on where to add CSS to adjust the look/feel of the output.

You’d put the CSS in the style.css file for your theme as the CSS would be theme specific rather than plugin based.

• WAARBA
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello, thanks for the information. The real answer to the question was addressed by the developer:

You’d put the CSS in the style.css file for your theme as the CSS would be theme specific rather than plugin based.

I assumed that to fix the size of the output, we had to make an adjustment to the plugin. Thanks for the clarification. We were able to adjust the width of the widget boxes in the themes style.css editor using #categoryposts.

Thanks for your time.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings WAARBA,

Thank you for the additional input and I agree that the lead developer pointed out specifically what I had mentioned in my original post I do not think the post indexer has anything to do with the css or output you have described wanting to adjust so I was definitely on the right track.

In any event thank you for letting us know you managed to resolve this and have a GREAT New Year!

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.