Configuring design of Pay with a like

Hi there,
Am looking to give the pay with a like box a little 25% black perhaps even some (ahem) drop shadow to pop it from the general text on the page. Any help greatly appreciated.

You said to edit the 'individual post editor metabox' where's that at and what would one do there.

Hope all's well in WPMU land,

K-man

• Anang

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

Am looking to give the pay with a like box a little 25% black perhaps even some (ahem) drop shadow to pop it from the general text on the page. Any help greatly appreciated.

Could you give me link where you have Pay with a Like on the pages ? So I can give you proper css style.

You said to edit the 'individual post editor metabox' where's that at and what would one do there.

The metabox is on the right side of editor. You need to choose where you want to display this metabox in your Pay with a Like settings page. If you still don't see it in editor, you need to click "screen options" on the top (see screenshot), and check Pay with a Like.

Looking forward for the link :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Ananda

Hi there,

It's a dev site:
    Lamelco.co.uk

I see the sidebar but I don't see how to 'style the box' in a visually pleasing and appealing manner. You know like the Brazilians do. With their coordinated flags and what not. In this case I want the box pronounced and grey, what can I say, it's how I roll.
    I think my readers will appreciate the experienced maturity of this rather than say, garish fluro or some such hipster shading.
    Thanks again for your quick repsonse and help,
    KP

• Anang

Hi

I don't think Pay with a Like have a built in styling features, could you point me where you got the articles ? Anyway, you need to install 3rd party plugin to do some custom css in your website, here's the plugin :
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

And I'm agree ,only made the box's background more grey is enough, or some border maybe ? After you installed the plugins you can put this css code in Custom CSS Box ( find it on Appearances)

.pwal_container{
    background:#eee;
    border:2px solid #999 !important;
    }

Tell me what do you think about this new style :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Ananda

Hi there,
    Looks much nicer thanks,

Here's an article on Facebook liking (ironically) that show how this operates
    http://www.lamelco.co.uk/feeling-unloved-like-page/

Am also giving this a try:
    "If you want to apply your own styles copy contents of front.css to your theme css file and add this code inside functions.php of your theme:add_theme_support( "pay_with_a_like_style" ) OR copy and rename the default css file /wp-content/plugins/pay-with-a-like/css/front.css as /wp-content/uploads/pay-with-a-like.css and edit this latter file. Then, your edited styles will not be affected from plugin updates."

• Ananda

I love this plugin!
    Some feature requests for Pay-with-a-like:

1. Bit more of text editor & styler for the box itself.
    2. Allowing people to 'pay' with a newsletter sign up
    3. Ability to have the box appear as a pop-out, static, floating etc - as it when the sits in the amongst the text it's harder to prompt the reader for action.

Again, thanks for great support and being a very cool company!

• Anang

Hi @Ananda

If you use plugins that I recommended it won't change when you update the plugin too :slight_smile: And it's easier then change your functions.php I think.

It's great you're love our plugins :slight_smile: And if you wouldn't mind could you post your request here :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions
    When your request got some good votes, it will considered in future releases :smiley:

I will remove username/pass in your post, since the other would see that :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.