configuring Directory and Membership to work together

I had been in contact with WPMU before subscribing and they told me what I wanted to get done should be possible and that I could get help setting this up:
I have both Membership and Directory installed

I want the bulk of the site to by default be viewable to, not registered, registered but not paid, and paid. But there will be some restricted pages.

One of the benefits of being paid is, they will be able to have a post in the directory.
The directory will however be visible to all.

I also want to make it so there is a captcha when they create an account.

Not sure how to set this up.

• MasatoEM

This is where the tinkering comes in. You should really dive into your plugin, get dirty and try things with it and set up a test dummy for your stuffs, it really does help.

The place you want to go is into your Membership plugin, and hit the quick start guide, it should walk you through all of the functions of your plugin.

If that doesn't give you enough information, post back and let me know exactly what it is that is happening, and I will try to help walk you through it.

• msw0430

I think I figured out what I need to do to get what I wanted to work, to work. However I hit a snag that I am not sure if it is a bug or a configuration issue. I created a test account as a user level that requires a subscription. After registering when I got to the page with the paypal button I left the page.
    Now that account was downgraded to the non-paying account. But in the "Subscriptions" page. Where it says upgrade. It has the text and a box like it should be able to upgrade. But the option is not actually there to upgrade.

• aecnu

Greetings msw0430,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and now a couple of days later has the button now become active?

This effect you described Barry the lead developer has mentioned several times to keep people from gaming the upgrade system and preventing them from abusing it as well - the last i recalled this was for at least 24 hours.

Now what do you have going on there now that it has been a couple of days?

Let me know and in any event have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.