Configuring Events+ and Chat to reflect WPMUdev Live Support

This may also relate to the Chat plugin.
For one of the communities I'm working on, the live-support setup WPMUdev uses would be quite useful (In fact, I've been looking for something like it for a long time). From what I understand the live support page is essentially a styled "Weekly Event Calendar" Add-On, and that the individual chat sessions are basically chats embedded in events. My question relates to the Weekly Event Calendar bit.

If a chat is currently in-session on WPMUdev, you can click it on the weekly calendar to access it. If it's not in session, you can click all you want and go nowhere.
My question is: how are you able to block access to past event posts, or posts of events that have not yet started from the Weekly-Calendar view? Is this functionality included by means of configuring one or more add-ons? If so, which ones and how - generally - would I go about doing it?

Furthermore, the info box for the "Weekly Calendar" addon says this:

Minimal usage: [weekly_event_calendar] ...
...Settings are done using the fields on this page, under Weekly Event Calendar settings.

I do not see any fields on the "Events > Settings" page for "Weekly Event Calendar Settings". Finally, your "Usage" documentation for the Events+ Plugin is very helpful for configuring the core features, but the Add-Ons list is lacking some of the newer add-ons.

Let me know if/how this can be done! It functions wonderfully here and it's something I'd love to implement on my network.
-JD

• aecnu

Greetings JD,

Thank you for this great question.

Your stalker :wink: is sorry to report that we will not get this answer.

The coding of WPMU Dev is compartmentalized and if indeed the Events+ plugin is being used for our live chats, I can assure you it is heavily customized and nobody is going to share this information with us on any level.

I do not even know and they are not going to tell me if I ask.

Regarding the documentation to the Events+ plugin you are indeed correct that the documentation has not caught up to the add ons, but it is certain that it will within time.

I am personally amazed at how much documentation there is, created since March 2012, considering that prior to this time there was virtually no documentation at all when I started as a member in March 2011.

The task is monumental, the support team has to test the add ons and then create/add to the current documentation, but it will get done.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• JD

Darn!
    I certainly understand WPMUdev's right to protect the uniqueness and functionality of its services, but I was really hoping to emulate the live-support aspect of it. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

I didn't realize the documentation is relatively new - it certainly is very thorough and well done. I wasn't trying to be critical - just pointing out what was behind where I saw it.

Thanks Again,
    -JD

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.