Configuring / Hooking to make a "Call me back" plugin

Hello !
I think Appointments + fits well my need.
I have a website (not live) where I will let user ask for a phone call appointment.

So I have only one service (call me back) that will be default and my service providers are my employee that will call the customers and fill their online cart on the e-commerce.

I wanted to know if :
- Service providers can manage their own schedule and how to do that ?
- Service providers can check the pending Appointments and assign it themselves to their account and how to do that ?
- And finally, if they can see their whole schedule (only their own, not the others service providers ones)

So the pending appointments will be open to all providers, and assigned ones will be in each providers account only.

If that's possible, it will be GREAT !
Thanks a lot for your support :slight_smile:

Regards,
Guillaume

• Ivan

Hi there Guillaume,

Thanks for the question and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

- Service providers can manage their own schedule and how to do that ?

To allow your service providers to set their working hours you'll need to set "Allow service provider set working hours" to Yes in Appointments -> Settings -> Accessibility Settings.
    Then you can use the shortcodes provided in Wp Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Shortcodes
    To build a page the way you want.

- Service providers can check the pending Appointments and assign it themselves to their account and how to do that ?

This is not possible for the moment.
    You can manually add different services to the service provider from the backend, but can't let them choose appointment.

- And finally, if they can see their whole schedule (only their own, not the others service providers ones)

Again you can use the shortcodes to show them their schedule, and more specifically the shortcode

[app_my_appointments]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• Guigro

Thanks for this answer !

In fact when I select "Allow service provider set working hours" and go to their back-office in "Your Profile", it's impossible to set working hours.
    Do I have to use shortcode on pages ? Because I would like to let them access the back-office.

And I found how to let them assign Appointments, the only thing is that they will see all other Appointments :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your reply.

In fact when I select "Allow service provider set working hours" and go to their back-office in "Your Profile", it's impossible to set working hours.
    Do I have to use shortcode on pages ? Because I would like to let them access the back-office.

I have tested it on my test site and could set the working hours as a service provider as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please tell me what's the problem you are having with it?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Guigro

Hello Vinod,

Thanks for your answer, and sorr@Tyler Postlefor my late coming back.

I'm still on Appointments+ plugin to create my "Call me back" functionality.

Here is the full process :

- I only have 1 service (Call me back)
    - I have several providers (between 3 and 10)
    - Customers are not able to chose their provider

Is there a way to do that :
    1. The customer fills the form to be called back at a specific time
    2. The appointment is "Pending"
    3. In their back-office, providers can see all Pending Appointments matching their schedule
    4. They can change the status of it and assign a Pending Appointment to themself
    5. When it's done, a mail is sent to the customer to confirm the Appointment and bring some information about the provider

That would be the perfect process for me, I see several ways to do it, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
    And if I make any modification in the plugin, it would be impossible to update it, which is a lack for sustainability.

Thanks a lot !
    Regards,
    Guillaume

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Guillaume,

1. The customer fills the form to be called back at a specific time

This is the default functionality of appointment. To display the form to the user you have to use the shortcode app_confirmation in the appointments page. You will find more information about this shortcode on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Shortcodes

2. The appointment is "Pending"

Just set the "Auto confirm" option of Appointments settings to No on the following path and if you are not receiving payment from customer then also set "Payment required" to No on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility Settings

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Payment Settings

3. In their back-office, providers can see all Pending Appointments matching their schedule

To see all pending appointments you will have to develop custom code to achieve it but yes they can see the pending appointments assigned to them in the admin area in their profile page as displayed in the attached screenshot.

4. They can change the status of it and assign a Pending Appointment to themself

They can only change the status of appointments assigned to them from pending to confirm as shown in the attached screenshot. For all pending appointments you will have to develop custom code.

5. When it's done, a mail is sent to the customer to confirm the Appointment and bring some information about the provider

Yes you can configure these Appointment emails on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Notification Settings

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide. See here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

If you are not a programmer, you can consider hiring a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ to develop custom code for you.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.