Configuring how posts appear on wall, only small ones showing

When I post a link from my blog on facebook manually the posts show up like this (see big picture screenshot), but when I use the autopost it shows up like a small post (see small picture screenshot).

Is there anyway to configurate this?

• Vaughan

Hi @John Henry,

You can use the "wdfb-autopost-post_update" filter If you want to customize the default format the plugin uses to post to Facebook, you can hook up to this filter and change the associative array passed in as the first argument to the function to suit your preferred format, then just return it from the function.

The first parameter passed to the processing function hooked up to this filter will be an associative array of data that will be sent to Facebook (this function should also return an associative array with the same structure). The function can accept up to two arguments - the second one will be the post ID, if you wish to make use of that too.

However, i don't know exactly how it's used. Let me just ask one of our developers to see if he can help with this, if it's not too complex, otherwise you might need to find a developer who can do this for you.

the default usage in the plugin code looks like.

$use_shortlink = $this->data->get_option('wdfb_autopost', "type_{$post_type}_use_shortlink");
    				$permalink = $use_shortlink ? wp_get_shortlink($post_id) : get_permalink($post_id);
    				$permalink = $permalink ? $permalink : get_permalink($post_id);
    				$picture = wdfb_get_og_image($post_id);
    				$send = array(
    					'caption' => substr($post_content, 0, 999),
    					'message' => $post_title,
    					'link' => $permalink,
    					'name' => $post->post_title,
    					'description' => get_option('blogdescription'),
    					'actions' => array (
    						'name' => __('Share', 'wdfb'),
    						'link' => 'http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=' . rawurlencode($permalink),
    					),
    				);
    				if ($picture) $send['picture'] = $picture;
    				break;
    		}
    		$send = apply_filters('wdfb-autopost-post_update', $send, $post_id);

Hopefully the developer should respond shortly.

Hope this helps

• Jose

Hi there @John Henry,

Hope you are doing great!

I'm taking over this issue and I'm wondering if you had the chance to work on Vaughan's suggestion.

Also, if you are still having this issue, can you please confirm if this occurs when you post the same content type? Because in the example that you provided above, the manual post is a video but the autopost seems to be just a text post with an image.

I'll wait for your feedback.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.