Configuring Hummingbird

I'm using Hummingbird to speed up my website, but I still get a low score at GoogleSpeed Insight, can you help me to configure the Assets? Or any task that I need to take to get a better score. Thanks in Advance.

• Nithin

Hi Mallory,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Please do note that Google Page Speed does cache their results for a while, so running multiple tests in the same interval, can serve the same Page Speed results. I could notice you have Endurance Cache, and Hummingbird Cache enabled at the moment.

Would highly recommend to keep only one of these cache features enabled, enabling same page cache features could cause anomalies.

Also, would recommend to keep Cache disabled temporarily, until you finish working with Asset Optimization, so that you don't see cached results while testing.

To improve Asset Optimization, I'm afraid, it's something which will require trial, and error method. There isn't any specific actions, or steps we could pin point, as these steps would vary from one theme to another.

The general rule of the thumb would be to move the files to the footer in order to reduce render blocking issue, for example:

1) Go to the 1st file listed in the Asset Optimization page, enable "Compression" option for the 1st file,
    2) Load the frontend, and check whether the homepage design, or layout breaks
    3) If not, you can enable the "Combine" option, and then check the homepage, and see whether the layout breaks.
    4) If the layout breaks this time, you'll have to revert the "Combine" option Save the changes, and move on with the next step which is "Move to footer", and check whether it breaks the style, if yes, revert if needed. Then carry the step 1 again for the next file, until you get an optimised result.

However, doing the above steps entirely depends upon your theme, and how it honours Asset Optimization. I could still notice there are still files that could be optimized further via the above 4 steps, would recommend you to test, and see how it goes.

I hope this helps in moving forward with Asset Optimization, please let us know if you have any further query, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.