Configuring SMARTCRAWL (possible issue)

Hello!

I might have an issue configuring the SMART CRAWL plugin on http://littlerenard.com

Before to install it, searching my website on google was showing a lot of details, but after install is barely showing something.
I have added Google site verification code and Bing verification code.
It is configured and activated since few weeks.

I am new to this. What I am not sure about, is how to put the text in the 'Tittle and Meta' tab boxes. I am not sure if when I add my text in the boxes, I should use the ''%%'' beside the text as in the examples (Your example: ''%%excerpt%%'', Should I do like this ''%%this is my amazing website%%'' ?)

Would you please have a quick look and tell me if I did anything wrong or if I should change it?

Thank you in advance!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Alexandru,

How are you doing today?

Before to install it, searching my website on google was showing a lot of details, but after install is barely showing something.
    I have added Google site verification code and Bing verification code.
    It is configured and activated since few weeks.

That should be Title and meta description for your home page which is being set in Settings -> SmartCrawl -> Step 3: Title & Meta, editing those should control what you'll be able to see when searching for your site, please keep in mind that this can take up to 4 weeks to change, see screenshot:

I am new to this. What I am not sure about, is how to put the text in the 'Tittle and Meta' tab boxes. I am not sure if when I add my text in the boxes, I should use the ''%%'' beside the text as in the examples (Your example: ''%%excerpt%%'', Should I do like this ''%%this is my amazing website%%'' ?)

These are not examples, these are macros that you can use, you can find the list of available macros in Settings -> SmartCrawl -> Step 3: Title & Meta, see screenshot:

If you're not using macros plain text is what you should be adding there.

Would you please have a quick look and tell me if I did anything wrong or if I should change it?

From the configuring part everything looks fine, of course you should consider overriding the global meta you set in setting page for individual posts/pages for more fine tuning :slight_smile:

There is a lot of quality content about SEO in general in our blog, so you might want to check that out as well https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/seo/

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.