Configuring snapshots on multisite

Hi All,

This is probably a quick one to answer. Am I right in thinking that per blog within a multi site install I need to create a daily snapshot? Simply selecting the parent domain will only backup the parent blog rather than all the others?

No biggie if I have to do it per site, I will just need to remember to setup as part of process.

Cheers

Lee

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@leejacksondev, Correct. At the moment Snapshot has to be manually configured to backup each blog individually. We will be adding some automation in the near future for this. So that as new blogs are added they will be automatically included in a default backup configuration.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@luckyseven_f, not exactly. what I meant was within the Snapshot plugin itself there will be a 'default' settings panel where the admin can specify the various settings for all sites. These settings are the same as what you would see on the Add New Snapshot page. So selection for files, selection for databases, selection for interval, selection for destination. Once defined all blogs in the system which do not have specific snapshot configurations already will use this 'default' settings. Still working on coding this. But that is the plan.

As for using the plugin you mentioned, New Blog Templates. I have no knowledge of that plugins and not sure how it works exactly. If this is a plugin to clone a blog it will not include the snapshot configuration because that is stored at the site level.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.