Configuring theme look and of (Buddypress) Forum - to look like 'EduBlogs BBPress Forum'

Hi,, I am currently using the EduBlogs theme on a beta site. I also have Buddypress activated.

My question is: Is there a way to configure the Forums part such that it would have a similar look and feel and functionality of the "Edublogs bbpress" forum - this is where (as I observe) one can have main topics (like "Installation", "Customer Service" ,etc), and users basically can create topic threads off of those main topics. This provides a great way to organize forum topics, and would limit discussions to those topics. Please advise.

• lionsarah2011
    • Flash Drive

Hi Phil,
    Thanks for the response. On that note, I've been trying to test the features of the "EduBlogs bbpress" on a clean install, and this may have been addressed before (I did do a search but didn't come up with a discussion that reflected what I was looking for). If you could reply back with a link or quick info on basically resolving my issue:

I downloaded EduBlogs bbpress on a clean WP installation. This default WP install comes with the default TwentyTen theme. I also downloaded the bbpress plug-in and activated it - I did not install Buddypress for this clean installation, and attempted to install the EduBlogs bbpress theme - according to the installation instructions, I have to place eduBB folder inside the bb-templates folder of the current theme (which would be the TwentyTen). I tried searching for this folder under TwentyTen theme, but could not locate it.

So I've done a clean WP install, activated bbpress plug-in, and tried to install the "Edublogs bbpress" theme. Please advise on where I should place the eduBB (EduBlogs bbpress folder) in my site, so I'll be able to activate this (Edublogs bbpress theme) and use it on my test site. Regards.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I'm afraid the bbPress Edublogs theme isn't compatible with the latest version (v2.0) of bbPress - it's only compatible with pre-2.0 versions.

That's because pre-2.0 bbPress is a standalone product, not a WP plugin. So bbPress now uses WordPress themes where it didn't before and as the bbPress Edublogs theme is not a WP theme, it's not compatible.

That might not make sense but I wanted to at least explain :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.