Configuring Ultimate Facebook Plugin drop-down sections unavailable.

Trying to configure the plugin, but the drop-down for the only section that will display is the first one, network settings. Tried saving the defaults, but that didn’t solve the issue. Help!! Have the values for the Facebook API but can’t access it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wcsconcierge,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue trying to get the Ultimate Facebook plugin configured and going but I cannot figure out at all what you mean by network settings or how they are related.

Ultimate Facebook has its own settings under its own menu selection, screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wcsconcierge and geoffreysc,

Aha! Rats and double rats, I see that I was working this from the site end and you were coming from the network admin angle.

And you folks are right that something wonky is going on back there and I confirm the issue.

I tried several of those network choices in various combinations and I could never set the settings below in the network section just as you described and even if I choose just one of those settings it i.e. 1 or 3 it saves and comes back to the center item and the other two are unchecked again.

Therefore I indeed confirm the issue and I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The expansion was dependent on Facebook API info being present so, if there was nothing like that added, the rest of the boxes refused cooperation. The latest plugin release (v2.6.1, just released) removes this requirement on the network settings page.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wcsconcierge and geoffreysc,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.