confirmation emails from appointments +

Please go to my site - I have granted access and look at how the confirmations are set up
Ash made changes to the make an appointment form and then did stuff to the confirmation emails and added new fields
It does not work and what I want is as follows:
Users can put their skype name, telephone or google hangouts name in the form
that name shows up in the confirmation to the MENTOR so the mentor knows it
I would like to customize the email texts and subject lines
Thank you

• Patrick

Hi there @michael

I hope you're well today!

I just took a look at how you have set up the additional fields and your emails in your admin.

As it is now, there's no way that's gonna work at all as the macro/placeholder you have added to the body of the emails does not correspond to the additional field name you have created.

The field name is Mentor Me Via Skype, Hangouts or Telephone which generates this custom macro:
    FIELD_MENTORMEVIASKYPEHANGOUTSORTELEPHONE

But, in your emails, you have this (oops :slight_smile: )
    FIELD_MYSKYPENAMEGOOGLEPROFILEORTELNUMBERISEXSKYPE-SKYPENAME

So to enable your users to enter their Skype name, phone #, or Google name, you'd want to create 3 new fields:
    - Skype ID
    - Google ID
    - Telephone

You'd probably also want to uncheck the default Phone field so you don't get 2 identical fields. As @Bojan Radonic noted on your other thread, if PHONE is present anywhere in your custom macro, it will actually trigger the display of the phone number in email; we don't want that.

While I was logged into your site, I set things up as I have described here, and made a test appointment on the 31st at 10:30pm. This is the contents of the email I received; your service provider should receive the same:

Dear Caregiver,

We are pleased to confirm your mentoring session for Caregiver Mentors.

Here are the details:
    Date and time: July 31, 2015 10:30 pm
    Our staff will be your Mentor.

I would like to be mentored via the following: 1
    Skype; my Skype name is: some.body21
    Google hangout; here's my ID: 123456789071107311903
    Please call me at this number: 514-555-1212

Kind regards,
    Caregiver Mentors

Now you just need to customize the test in the emails to introduce each of your custom macros if you want.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• michael

Patrick - we are very close - the issue is that we only want the user to choose one and then NOT have the other choices show

1. please change "Please Mentor Me" To "Please Mentor Me Via"
    2. then please make it so only the choice the user fills in appears in the confirmation mails

This is what the confirmation mail looks like now:
    A new appointment has been made on Caregiver Mentors. Below please find a copy of what has been sent to your client: Dear Caregiver, We are pleased to confirm your mentoring session for Caregiver Mentors. Here are the details: Date and time: July 15, 2015 7:45 am Brain Investor will be your Mentor. I would like to be mentored via the following: 1 Skype; my Skype name is: michael.neuvirthskype Google hangout; here's my ID: Please call me at this number: Kind regards, Caregiver Mentors

Please fix 1 and 2 and then I will work on the text of the emails
    WE ARE SO CLOSE - thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.