Confirmation emails not being sent for Appointments+

Hi WPMUdev,

I recently installed the Appointments+ plugin, and I have to say: I love it. (By the way, I'm working on a Dutch translation. Would you guys like me to send it to you, so you can use it?)

However, it appears that confirmation emails are not being sent.

Here's a screenshot of my notification settings for the plugin.

I hope you can help me solve this problem.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

- Robin

• Ivan

Hey there Robin,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I love it. (By the way, I'm working on a Dutch translation. Would you guys like me to send it to you, so you can use it?)

Glad you like the plugin. :slight_smile:
    Actually we have translation pages for our plugins, and it seems the Dutch translation is completed on 100%.
    For the Appointments+ plugin you can find the translations here.

In the future if you like to use some other plugin that doesn't have translation, you can contribute on the translation pages. Translators are given reputation points.

However, it appears that confirmation emails are not being sent.

I just tested this on my install and didn't have any problems receiving emails.

Do you run this on a localhost?

If not, your hosting provider might be disabled the phpmail function - ask them if you have this disabled on your host.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• Michelle Shull

Hey, Robin!

I've checked out your site and tried to make a test appointment to see if I got a confirmation email as a client, but it looks like you haven't added the [app_confirmation] shortcode to your appointments page.

The default email sender that comes packed in WordPress is PHP mail, which isn't always the most reliable. It also works with WP Cron, (like an event scheduler for the backend), but WP Cron will only fire when there's a visitor on your site. (This was designed to keep resource usage down, but we've come a long way since PHP mail was created.)
    You can bypass it, if it's unreliable, by using an SMTP mail service to send email instead, which was explained a bit in the other thread. My colleagues all recommend using Mandrill, which is owned by MailChimp, it's like MailChimp lite, and a great, free (up to 15k, I think, emails sent per month) SMTP service.

If that's not an option, let's take a look at your server error logs (you can access these via your server's control panel) from around the time a confirmation email should have sent to see if there's a log in there.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.