Confirmation form customisation

Hi,

I purchased the appointment+ plugin and planning to use it as a booking system for my music school (the website has not been customised yet):

http://themastersmusicschool.co.uk/?page_id=4

There's one part of the confirmation form which I don't seem to be able to customise with the shortcode. Can do it in js or php once I know where it's defined but can't find out on my own I am afraid.

So on the confirmation form:

I don't need the service name as that's quite obvious in my case

I need a "service provider" to be changed to "Instrument"

I don't need the "Last (approx)" field either

I attached the screenshot of the form with the amendments marked down for your consideration, would be great if you can advise me on how do I fix the above.

many thanks

Przemek Dembski
(MMus RCM London, BMus)
Piano Performance and Teaching

http://pdembski.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVzZCAcwzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DH5gL4UoE

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Przemek,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You should be able to easily hide "Service name..." and "Lasts (approx)..." labels with these CSS rules:

.appointments-confirmation-service {display:none;}
    .appointments-confirmation-end {display:none;}

To apply those to your site please put them into your site's style.css file of your child theme (if you're using a child theme) or install "Simple Custom CSS" plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/) and add them to

Dashboard -> "Appearance" -> "Custom CSS" -> Custom CSS box.

As for replacing the "Service Provider" label with "Instruments". Have you considered giving our "Ultimate Branding" plugin a try? It includes a "Text change" feature that let's you change most of the strings/labels both on front- and back-end with just a few clicks. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Przemek Dembski

Hi Adam,

many thanks for your reply. The Custom css worked great. I will surely have a look at the Ultimate Branding plugin, however it seems I would not make the most of its potential at this stage of website development as I literally need to change one label and not even sure how the branding will look like at the moment as no template installed yet. Will consider branding when I have the website completed, but is there any chance you could help me with changing this one particular label before that happens?

many thanks for all your help so far

Przemek

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Przemek!

I'm glad I could help!

I think Ultimate Branding may be a really great shot in future as it includes some fine customization tools. However, I understand of course your point. That said, I think you may give this code a try:

function app_replace_text() {
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(function($) {
            var task = setInterval(function() {
                if( $('.appointments-confirmation-worker span').length ) {
                    $('.appointments-confirmation-worker span').html('Instrument:');
                    clearInterval(task);
                }
            }, 500);
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_footer', 'app_replace_text');

Please add this to your current theme's functions.php file and let me know if it worked for you!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Przemek!

Indeed, the label gets back to original. That said, I think the code I provided you with would need some adjustment. Would you please give this one a try then:

?>
        jQuery(function($) {
            setInterval(function() {
                    if( $('.appointments-confirmation-worker span').html() == 'Service provider:' )
                }
            }, 500);
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

I hope that helps but in case id didn't work could you please share with me that exact set of shortcodes you're using on your appointment booking page?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Przemek Dembski

Hi Adam,

many thanks for this. Seems this puts the label back to "service provider" instead of "instrument".

The shortcodes on the page are:

[app_service_providers ... select=" " empty_option="Please select an instrument from the list below" autorefresh="1"]

[app_monthly_schedule ... require_provider="1" required_message=" " title="<h2>Our current availability:</h2>" logged="Please click a day on the timetable below to book your free trial lesson! Please note we will only allow one booking per person per instrument. However we are happy for a single customer to try maximum up to 2 instruments."]

[app_confirmation ... note="Promo Code:" title="<h3>Please check the trial lesson details below and confirm:</h3>"]

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Przemek!

I think I got it solved now. The code here is quite "sensitive" so there's a difference between "Service Provider:" and "Service Provider: " string (hence the space/blank at the end of the string).

Thanks to your shortcodes I was able to replicate your setup on my sandbox and test it and now it seems to be working just fine:

?>
        jQuery(function($) {
            setInterval(function() {
                    if( $('.appointments-confirmation-worker span').html() == 'Service provider: ' )
                }
            }, 500);
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

Just replace your current code with the one above and you should be good to go :slight_smile: Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.