confirming appointments via text message

We have people who don't have email accounts amazing as that may seem... Could they get a confirmation for appointments via text message? make it an either or?

• pxwm

Hi @Michaela

Unfortunately this isn't currently available even though I'm aware it has been discussed and there is at least one post that provides a possible solution. However the solution relates to using the customer's mobile email address which would then send them a text. Unfortunately this is no longer supported by a number of network providers, certainly in the UK as we were considering using this solution.

I would certainly support this as a feature enhancement.

We are planning to code our own solution that uses a 3rd party sms platform but unfortunately due to workloads we haven't yet scheduled but when we do we will publish a post.

Regards
    SteveB

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Michaela Conley

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I'm afraid as @pxwm has kindly said currently this is not a supported feature, though it would certainly make a great feature enhancement for the plugin, there is indeed a work around even where the customer can put in their mobile number, but this does also involve the network getting it sent to the email address and doesn't work like a normal SMS, this would end up with most likely the networks banning you from sending anymore as it causes a great deal of hassle to them, which of course you don't want.

I see this is already in the correct features and feedback area, we're see if we can get some +1's from other members and consider for a future version of the plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Michaela Conley

I hope you are well today. I have spoken with the lead plugin developer about this and he hasn't said yes, but he also hasn't said no.

The problem is currently that most of the API for this functionality don't support all country's so if we did offer this integration it would be limited to certain country's, it is being considered though :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.