Conflict between Videos and Mapping plugins

Hi,

I had the WP video plugin installed and working. Then I added the Domain Mapping plugin. The link stopped displaying in the dashboard, and the mapping plugin would not work.

I uninstalled the Video Plugin and reinstalled Mapping. Mapping worked.

Then I reinstalled the Video plugin and both stopped working.

It would appear there is a conflict. Has anyone else experienced this? If so were you able to fix it?

Arne

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Arne

I had the WP video plugin installed and working. Then I added the Domain Mapping plugin. The link stopped displaying in the dashboard,

This part is normal as the site using those videos needs to use our API which would require you having to register the domains with us. So rather than that it turns off the access.

To get around this though you can change the backend with Domain Mapping so that it uses the original domain.

Original Domain – As it says, the original domain. So that would be usersite.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/installation/

I have just been testing the two together and both work perfectly fine for me.

Can I please check which versions you are running of Wordpress and both plugins.

Thanks.

• eagle1
    • Flash Drive

I am using the latest versions of everything, Domain mapping was set up the domain of the multi-site install.

Just to be clear, you are saying that each blog on a multisite has to be registered with you individually to use the video plugin? I'm confused because it was working fine on all sites until I added domain mapping.

And secondly, you are to change the backend of the mapping plugin to use the domain of the actual site - not the multisite install. How would I do that?

• eagle1
    • Flash Drive

Timothy,

I changed the setting to use the original domain. The video link has reappeared on all sites that should have it. But the mapping doesn't work.

Since I'm using a sub domain based install of multi-site, do my members now need to do a C name change rather than the A Record route?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Since I'm using a sub domain based install of multi-site, do my members now need to do a C name change rather than the A Record route?

Nahh A Record will work for both subdomain and subdirectory.

Just to be clear, you are saying that each blog on a multisite has to be registered with you individually to use the video plugin? I'm confused because it was working fine on all sites until I added domain mapping.

Basically the Videos require use of our API and the API requires your domain to be entered. So when using the other settings within within the Domain Mapping plugin it will turn off the video plugin access. But you will still be able to use all the shortcodes on your site.

Using the Original Domain reenables them again.

But the mapping doesn't work.

Would it be ok for me to just take a closer look?

If so can you send the following please:

Main domain
    Mapped domain

FTP
    Full Network Admin Access

Please fill in the following form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please also mark this to my attention and include a link to this thread.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Arne, thanks for the email.

Sorry about the delay there. With email I try to work on things in order, as you notice I haven't been on the forums much today so just quickly trying to catch up.

I went to look at your site but unfortunately you didn't assign me "Full Network Admin Access" in your email which I need to log in.

I'm off line shortly for the evening so if you could please get me those details asap I will be able to take a look. Otherwise it will be tomorrow now.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.