CONFLICT Set password on multisite plugin make subsites show white screen

By network activating this plugin makes all my subsites show a white screen. I activated it than i had to deactivate all plugins and reactivate one by one to find it.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @rcbiili,

Sorry to hear you are having such issues, I have tested this on my end and was unable to replicate this so it might be that the plugin is in conflict with some other plugin you have installed.

Have you tried leaving only Set Password activated to see if it's working on it's own and if it does activate other plugins one by one and see which one is in conflict?

Did you tried enabled wp_debug in your wp-config.php to see any errors will be visible on white page?

Please let us know of the results so we can investigate this further.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• rcbiili
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello i have disabled again all plugins and left only Set password active and i have the same issue. White screen on subsites. I also added wp_debug to wp-config but no errors are shown on the white page.

I added this define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); to my wp-config

I have discovered that i had Profile builder plugin activate on the subsites. That made the conflict.

This is the plugin ( a very usefull one since it allowed the registration directly on subsites and not redirecting user to the network registration)
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/

Here are the screens

• rcbiili
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@predrag still there?

Is there anyway to see if we can manage to make set password to work with the profile builder plugin.

The profile builder plugin allows the registrations on subsite without the redirect on the main site.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @rcbiili,

Sorry for the delay on this one.

I was doing some further testing with both plugins installed on my end and I noticed that both plugins are using same function name and it looks like that is causing this.

Here is something you could try.
    Access your WP installation via FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins/signup-password/ folder.
    From there download and edit signup-password.php file and on lines 49 and 128 you should see this part in code:
    signup_password_random_password_filter
    Simply try replacing those two strings with this:
    wpmu_signup_password_random_password_filter
    Upload file back to your server and that should be it.

Please let me know if everything is working after that and I will notify plugin developer about this so we can add this in next plugin update.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @rcbiili,

Thanks for confirming that it's all working after the change, I have flagged this for plugin developer so we should probably have this fix included in the next version of the plugin.

I'm going to mark this one as resolved but if you have any followup questions feel free to reopen it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.