conflict user buddypress network and site

Hi there,

When i log in on my buddpress platform with my user admin i see users are member of a site. Yet they can not acces that site, nor are the registration visible on the user page of that site. Take for instance user sieneke:
http://kunstfactordigitaal.org/wp-admin/network/users.php she is a member of the site creatiefschrijven. But she has no acces to that site. When I go to the dashboard of creatief schrijven at http://kunstfactordigitaal.org/wp-admin/network/site-users.php?id=51 i do not sieneke registered as user. How can i fix this?

Thank you ArijJan

• ArijJan

Hey Timothy,

This is an abdridged version of my discussion in live Support. We did not resolve the issue

Thanks for the help

ArijJan

--

Hi there,

When i log in on my buddypress platform with my user admin i see users are member of a site. Yet they can not acces that site, nor are the registration visible on the user page of that site. Take for instance user sieneke:
    http://kunstfactordigitaal.org/wp-admin/network/users.php she is a member of the site creatiefschrijven. But she has no acces to that site. When I go to the dashboard of creatief schrijven at http://kunstfactordigitaal.org/wp-admin/network/site-users.php?id=51 i do not sieneke registered as user.
    So the user dashboard on the main site shows site and users. But the dashboard on the specific site does not showdoes not show the users

@ArijJan, can you please check that user on your network users management pages, you should be able to see which site the user is a member of

ArijJan
    I did. Sieneke is a member. On the network admin user page i can see the user and the sites they belong to. On the blog admin user page i cannot see those. Seeing for yourself or a picture might help. It seems a network wide issue.

@ArijJan, what are the user roles of the problematic users?

ArijJan
    Superadmin, admin

ArijJan
    I am also unable to define the role of a new user. The dropdown menu is not working. I am running the latest version of wp and bp

@ArijJan, can you please deactivate your plugins and switch theme to BP default? THere might be an issue with one of those. A good place to start is any plugin that deals with user privileges (e.g. user role editor and such)

ArijJan
    I deactivated all related plug ins. I installed bp default. Still no change.

@ArijJan, while the plugins and themes are back to defaults, can you please try creatng a new user and see if the issue persists?

ArijJan
    Activated default bp on main site. No change. Activated default bp on specific site. Also no change. User panel works fine on main site. Does not work any longer on individual sites. The username panel does not show names of users.

@ArijJan, are you logged in as super admin user?

ArijJan
    Yes

@ArijJan, i’m really stumped then. Have you disabled all the plugins, not just the ones that seemed related to the issue?

ArijJan
    And it happened overnight without any upgrade or change

@ArijJan Could it possibly be a memory issue? Do you have a lot of users?

ArijJan
    Nope site still in beta

ArijJan
    But what really bugs me: User dashboard on main site working fine. On all other sites not.

@ArijJan, is it possible that your new user didn’t activate their account through the activation link they received in the registration email?

ArijJan
    No. I tried myself.

ArijJan
    Activation works. I can see that in user menu on main blog

@ArijJan, is this on a clean install, or have you upgraded an older version? If it was an upgraded site, what was the original WP version?

ArijJan
    I upgraded to see if that would resolve the issue. Had 3.3 when the isseu arose. Upgraded to 3.4. Issue not resolved

@ArijJan, I hate to admit it, but I’m really baffled with this issue. Can you please open up a ticket in the Community section? One of our staff should be at it really soon, and may ask you to allow us access (in a secure and private fashion) to your site to be able to debug the issue themselves.

ArijJan
    Ok. Thanks. I already did. Can and should i refer to this ticket? And since it will be dark here pretty soon, can i hand over acces in this secure and private fashion:slight_smile:?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I've spent a little while looking into this, it seems that you made changes to the DB at some point from wp_ to another prefix. Maybe a plugin renamed them for you.

However it was done that has caused you the issue.

You can now add users to the site again and they will show but that won't help your other sites.

You need to do the following:

Go through each sites option table by blog ID.

Do a wildcard search like %user_roles%

Then rename wp_user_roles to YOURPREFIX_user_roles

Based on this discover I think it might be safe to guess that there will be other issues that you will need to go through the DB and correct, for that you might like to hire a DB administrator familiar with WP.

Take care.

• ArijJan

Hey Timothy,

Thanks for the help. And i apologize i used a not certified wpmudev plug in.

This was caused by the renaming the wp prefix by the ultimate security plug in.

I installed this plug in because i had my site redirected.

After reading your reply i simply renamed the prefix to the original wp prefix.

Then user showed up again.Once again apologies. And this post might be useful for others who have the same issue

I informed the plug in developers.

Thanks aj

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.